1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Alperen Sengun Experiment Is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zen Tabak, Nov 14, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what dmo was 16? then perhaps i am wrong... he also didn get a fair chance and was isoed

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

20th, I think. D-Mo was definitely good, but I think Sengun will be way better

Dobbizzle, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  3. conquistador#11

He's been NBA ready since day 1. You can run an offense through him. Just now, "I want to lead the team." Silas should watch some Fuhrer tape from 2008-2009.

With all the bacne, does he have 2 more inches in him? (That's what the translator said!)
    7'0 by 2023.
    He already plays big.

Patience and Roomba like this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah this is not the best time for that buddy, I’ve been right about everyone in this draft from Cunningham to Green to Mobley to Sengun, and Giddey too just a little bit after the draft.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

You literally said 30 MPG...... You want him to average more minutes over twice as many remaining games than he did in a lesser league.

He's been in the league for 12 total games and we are already damning the coaching staff for not pushing him to his limits?

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sengun is the only reason I have any interest watching the games. And that’s not because I’m a Sengun only fan its because I’m a Rockets only fan and basketball fan.

7. dmoneybangbang

So now you think you know what's best now...?

So you've been "right for 12 games"?

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ah, my bad… I meant play at least 30 minutes. I see I wrote mpg. I’m talking about you know maybe once getting some extended minutes. It’s like he’s on a minutes restriction.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. H. Christopher

Same tbh

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. JayZ750

the translator said he’s still growing up/height wise? Has he added any height the last 2 years? It doesn’t seem like much?

I think the evolution in his game offensively will comes as a ball handler and then just from a speed perspective and not Necessarily in pure speed just using his speed whatever it is to co from the game aka Jokic. And of course shooting.

Physically I just expect more bulk and stamina. If he grows in height too great but I don’t expect it.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Tatum did? Riiiiight!

These two will have epic battles over the course of their careers.

12. Harlem

Harlem Member

I was on the Green train predraft but with the way mobley and sengun have looked you just can't help but wonder how the 2 would have looked together

13. dmoneybangbang

The coaching staff probably doesn't want to push it too hard so soon over a 82 game season. I know you aren't the biggest fan of the staff's competency but they do probably have some idea of what's in the tank. It's still early in the season.

They do have a back to back and he played his third most minutes this season.

HP3 likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes. Yes I do.

15. dmoneybangbang

You got it Marcus Morris and Sengun fan club.

i3artow i3aller and HP3 like this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you, Brother. I bleed Rocket Red thinking about it. TBH...it really pisses me off. I'm rooting for Jalen to progress over the next few years, but to many of us, Mobley was a no brainer. Being able to get, not only the best player in the draft at 2, but a transcendent talent/generational player. :mad: He's going to be way better than any player in the next draft.
    And, they would have fit together seamlessly.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

I was never part of any Marcus Morris fan club. I wrote a thread on him after the Rockets drafted him and watched a couple of highlight videos. This was like 10 years ago when I was in my 20s.

This past year I dove into the predraft process and watched hours of tape for particularly Green, Mobley, Sengun, Barnes. I was not super high on Barnes based on the tape so call that a miss. I was extremely high on Mobley and Sengun and low on Green.

If you want to bring up one thread I made 10 years when I was a kid and didn’t do any research, go ahead whatever makes you feel better, but it’s not going to make Green play any better.

18. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

He was 201 cms at last year's starting roster of besiktas he is now 208-209 cm that is nearly 2.5" growth a year.

19. JayZ750

Seriously?

cause I saw a scouting report from like 16 months ago that had him as 6’9 so I assumed limited growth…

NIKEstrad likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

btw 20s me was absolutely right about Marcus Morris, people who want to keep bringing that up keep leaving out what I actually said. I said Morris is a tweener and that’s why he lasted that long in the draft, if he can become an oversized SF then he could be a poor man’s Carmelo. If he’s just an undersized PF then he’s just a role player.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.