1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Alperen Sengun Experiment Is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zen Tabak, Nov 14, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

probably the vaccine backfired(or it actually worked!)...
    [​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol are you telling me the vets dont do these dumb things even more than sengun? ego house etc

getoutahere with that silas apologist conformity!

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he could be an MVP guy but the offensive genius is clueless

aaquaa likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's really going to shine now as a starter.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its the sillyiest thing but lately as soon as hes outhere on the floor the random player starts doing the most stupid things and act uncharacteristically.....

if i didnt know better i would say this is their way to ice sengun without it being so obvious...

but why its affecting him is because silas is playing him in ultra short spurts where its a impossible to catch any rhythm, add these unforced turnovers in equation and his minutes are even more ruined....it would be better if hed play an entire stretch of his 14 minutes in one piece...

aaquaa likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

He's boxing opponents out instead of elbowing his teammates for rebounds.

Dovahkiin and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and whenever alpi blocks shots at the rim nobodys there to catch the rebound or at least prevent the putback....lololololololl
    HIS PATIENCE IS DIVINE

aaquaa likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Pretty much all these minutes came in the 3rd/4th period. He played with House and Christopher because there was literally nobody else healthy on the roster. Tate & starters needed to rest. Wood, Porter, Green are all injured.

Last night was where you just needed to watch the game (though his PF #s were a dead giveaway). Sengun's passing was nice but he had a hard time on defense and on the glass and it cost the Rockets.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I did watch the game.

I would give all of House's minutes to Brooks and Martin. Even Christopher was better. House singlehandedly wasted at least 6 possessions. His only basket was a nice feed under the hoop from Sengun.

Theis played very well. So I'm not complaining about Sengun's minutes. I just hate seeing House on the floor.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To the last part, Sengun is at worst the third best defender on the team with an argument for 1st. He does foul too much, but he’s also getting some calls against him that shouldn’t be. Once he starts getting benefit of doubt from the refs some of the vertical contests will turn into positive plays.
    Rebounding isn’t an issue for him, it’s a problem for the team. He boxes out and contests and no one is there to back up the play. He might need to be a little more selfish in his play to benefit the team

Dovahkiin, noppeper, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's a dumb thing to say.

Danuel House doing stupid acts is not random, that's just the way he plays

D-rock likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Brooks - who played 30 min, 20 of which were in the second half - and Martin checked in and were alongside Sengun and House for the 4th.

I know it's a thing to micro- criticize Silas rotations but - when the team is super shorthanded, and they end up winning anyway, i just don't get it.

Like i said Sengun's a nice player with potential but also with a steep learning curve; people who obsessively monitor his munutes and think all you have to do is play him 30 mpg and he's an all star are just clowning themselves.

aaquaa likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Team is on a run, high confidence, schedule has been favorable, fewer road games.

It all made sense.

PS: Rather clown myself and he gets major PT. Not a Sengün only fan

aaquaa likes this.
  18. juanming

juanming Member

So glad wood got injured
    Means two things,

Less likely to sign him to a unworthy max

And more minutes for GOD aka alp aka sengun

I luv the rockets but lately I'm converting to a SOF

Kinda like when u convert to being gay after you divorce a mean lady

Silas/wood is my mean ex wife

Sengun = my new bff

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The rest of your post doesn't matter.........wishing injury or happy because someone is injured is LOW CLASS BULLSHIT......you should be banned immediately.

DD

Moe, D-rock and Squirtle like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually its not the way he plays.... its random....pretty random ....he mixes normal play and good play with random acts of carelessness and turnovers..... the truth is sometimes he does play under control.....

this is why it is random not every of his possession is a turnover and hell often pass the ball if its not sengun on the receiving end.... besides i did no talk only about house .... its gordon and others as well also, that acted weirdly and looked other way, when sengun should be their first option to pass to and to look for...

( i hate to return the favor and call you dumb, even if I should, but i am abstaining this time because i am in a good mood and i am usually a cultured and refined person, but consider yourself warned!)
    [​IMG]

DaDakota likes this.