1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Alperen Sengun Experiment Is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zen Tabak, Nov 14, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Raise your hand if you’d like to see (1) Alpi start and (2) Alpi play at least 30 mpg.

hey he got 21 tonight… which is a rarity.

2. bmd

bmd Member

Here’s a experiment: run the offense through Sengun. That boy is a playmaker.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

There was a play today where Green ended up on the floor and Sengun was nearby and just looked and walked away.

Normally I would blame Sengun for not being a better teammate, running over at the sight of any fallen teammate to pick them up off the ground. However I can’t help but imagine how the culture of entitlement that Silas has built up must be grating on Sengun and the other Rockets. This punk kid who in his first sound bite could only talk about individual accolades he wanted, max contract, rookie of the year, and then comes out and looks like one of the worst #2 picks in recent memory outside the absolute busts like Darko. Gets minutes, starting role, spotlight handed to him on a silver platter by coaches and management, while laying eggs on the court.

I don’t think Green is a bad kid and he didn’t draft himself at #2. He’s not the one forcing all this attention and entitlement on himself. It is the culture of the organization.

But I can’t lie, if I’m Sengun and I’m busting my ass night in and night out looking like the best player on the team, one of the best rookies in the draft, and can’t scrap more than 20 minutes a game meanwhile princess is spoonfed 30+ mpg and jack up 20 bricks whenever he wants, and I see him on the ground like that, I’m probably thinking, “b****ass you can stay down.”, too.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

100% that's what you call a quality draft pick! Sengun is a man amongst the boys. Get him starting.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, unfortunately I agree with it being grating.
    You have a few players that hustle, and aren’t rewarded. Trying to make the right play to make it easier for their teammates, and they commence to tunnel vision basketball after.

palmsnbananas, hakeem94 and CXbby like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So poetic. Wow. I mean really.

hakeem94 and harold bingo like this.
  7. Harlem

Harlem Member

Can we all just collectively agree to pretend Segun was the #2 pick and Green was #16. Would make a lot of ppl feel better lol

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I bet if Sengun is just force fed in the low post every possession we would score more point than we do now

9. Sengun

Sengun Member

Turkish fan here. I am the number one fan of Sengun and I can say that it is truly tragicomic that the best Rockets player on the court is a 19 year old Turkish who came to America four months ago.

I know Sengun will be a great player but I didn't think he could be so impressive so early. Unfortunately, the Rockets are in very bad shape.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

I said this a month ago and the Green nutriders laughed at me. I said at the time, as a true Rockets fan, imagining Sengun #2 and taking a flier on Green at #16 is the only thing keeping me sane.

The problem is, the coach didn’t get the memo.

fryjol7, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Sengun

Sengun Member

Great. I really like this. I really like you.

fryjol7, CXbby and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. jayydela

jayydela Member

Can't play Sengun too much. We might start winning.

FO can't be having that.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think morey is pulling any connections left in organization for al pi not to play and not to pan out good...cause the stones first 16th pick singlehandledly beats anything that daryl drafted here during a decade and a half

#34 hakeem94, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    CXbby, berkowsk and Roomba like this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Motiejunas fans shed a tear just now

you’re right though

fryjol7, Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

He played 28 MPG over 29 games in the Turkish league last season.... he'd be spent.

He should anchor the bench with Green until mid season.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

It would calm the GARM down, but only for a moment.

18. dmoneybangbang

You were also the Marcus Morris biggest fan club. Let's keep things in perspective.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

maybe one time give it a shot though? Lol. I’m not talking about 35 minutes every night.

also… who cares? I mean try it out.

20. Harlem

Harlem Member

Hopefully he starts by the Clevland game and shows up Mobley then everyone can chill out

jayydela and hakeem94 like this.