1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The A__Hole Projecting is A__holiness

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 1, 2022.

1. adoo

adoo Member

"Remote work is no longer acceptable."

This was the subject line of the email Elon Musk sent to the company's executive team on Tuesday.'
    The email signals Musk's desire to end remote work for Tesla employees and sets expectations for working in the office full-time:

The email, as reported by Electrek and Bloomberg, signals Musk's desire to end remote work for Tesla employees and sets expectations for working in the office full-time:

His azz-holiness resonates !

#1 adoo, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully this fixes the QC issues.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hard to argue with his rationale that if factory workers are expected to come in to work to do their job then executives should do the same. I see the fairness in that.

Doesn't mean this standard should apply to other industries that are producing software products (like Twitter).

Pistol Pete and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's give and take.

I've been hearing from friends that upper leadership have been waffling with their remote/hybrid policies while leaving it to the managers (who are powerless without support from above). If they can fire you for not taking 2 jabs, they can definitely fire you for not showing up to the office.

I'm fully remote with head offices in NY. I suppose I'd be among the first to go if they wanted to enforce office policy, but everyone knows what they got into upon hiring.

With the economy and jobs market cooling, time is on the employers side.

5. Major

Major Member

I think he's right on the underlying policy (at least to some degree - there's probably a better balance to be had). Companies that go fully remote are going to have a lot of trouble over time in building any company loyalty/cohesiveness/etc and will eventually regret it, in my opinion. But there's probably a fair mix between remote and in-person, and certainly the way he approaches it is unsurprisingly all very *******-ish.

6. PeppermintCandy

He also tweeted "They should pretend to work somewhere else." LOL

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not his best look

Deckard, Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hiring senior software engineers for even hybrid work jobs is very difficult right now still despite the recent tech pullback.

Hiring them for full-time 5 day a week cubicle work?

Lol, GTFOOH

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I get the message but the delivery is off. I think we have all learned that some jobs can be done at home, hell, our entire CS team is now remote and it works great but the team in the warehouse cant exactly do there work from home.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Knowledge work doesn’t need to be in person. But some other jobs do. Applying a blanket policy is the sign of poor (no) leadership and a control freak culture.

I think he’s just salty because he has to listen to his mistress (Amber) b**** about losing in court.

Ottomaton and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I really don't get this guy.

When he speaks in public, seems reserved, calculated and intelligent.

His printed words seem....comes off as a complete *******. Dude needs to just stop trying to be a celebrity and just be a scientist.

12. Xerobull

Megalomaniac

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  13. Major

Major Member

You can see why he's a god to the tinman's of the world. He's trying to emulate Trump, essentially.

14. Major

Major Member

Even knowledge work that *can* be done at home isn't always best for the company. For example, gmail likely wouldn't exist if Google employees worked from home back in the day because it was largely a side project of several engineers and just got random people together as a result of them being in the office and talking about it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

People really up in arms over a CEO making his employees come in to work 40 hours a week? lol IT nerds are already used to working from home for 20 hours per week.

16. Major

Major Member

I don't think anyone's too upset by that - more amused at how he presented it.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The panel gaps are actually speed holes. They make the car go faster.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hearty chuckle

19. Xerobull

I hope this ****er doesn't skew the WFH market. I just got a recruitment letter for an IT leadership position to relocate to ****ing northeast Iowa.

Granted, I think leadership positions should be in the office at least a 2-3 times a week, but give me a break. Iowa...lol

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're a lucky man

Xerobull likes this.