1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 7 best Fried Chicken joints in Houston.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Frenchy's on Scott Street. None of the other locations matter. Go to the original. It's the taste that lasts forever.

2. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

THE BBQ INN IS GARBAGE! No flavor! My god I was shocked that this place made the list. Popeyes is better...

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I went to Punks the other day and the place was great. It tastes just like my mom used to make before my Dad's heart surgery.

I eat fried chicken 2-3 times a year and often save it for a special occasion. I will make a return to Punk just to get that "Like my mom made it" taste.

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It's not fried but I just had the dinner special at the Local Foods at Westheimer and Kirby, half a rotisserie chicken stuff with new potatoes and spinach. Best chicken I've ever had, nice one Chef Dylan! :cool:

5. Buck Turgidson

I'm sure it tastes good, and rock on with that, but in no way, shape or form is that any sort of even close to a reasonable respectable facsimile of a proper meal of southern fried chicken. Sorry.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

Had the fried chicken at BBQ Inn a few weeks ago...should be nowhere near this list.

I asked the waitress what was good and she raved about the chicken...the skin was dry and the chicken itself wasn't anything to write home about.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Had Punk's leftover the other day and it was delicious. Can't wait to try it fresh.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I tried Punks a few months ago and it was pretty good. I think you have to like the sauce in order to like their fried chicken. I didn't care so much for their baked oysters. Sliders went hard. Not a bad place to watch a game at the bar. I've seen Bill O'Brien there after games. Lulz at people eating cold, day-old Punks because they live in Milican, TX.

#68 Ziggy, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015