1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 46 Places to Go in 2013

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sammy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Member

Where is the link of SmeggySmeg coming to Houston from Adelaide for his homeymoon to get 50 of us cfnetters out to the Summit, but we only got a fuzzy photo of him and the MrsSmeg with Cuttino Mobley to show for it, aside from the dead Armadillo in League City photo.

true story

2. rawool

rawool Member

I don't think it's ranked, just listed.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

I've traveled all over the US, as I do weekly for work. Houston more than stands on it's own. Get out of the sports bar, and experience the city. Houston is fantastic.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

lol... Compared to what?

Houston isn't on the level of NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Boston. It's not a tourist destination. Never said Houston isn't great, I love Houston, but it's not a fair comparison between Houston and some of those other cities when it comes to tourism.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

I've been to every one of those places, and Houston can more than hold it's own when it comes to culture, nightlife, arts and dining. Just because it isn't a "trendy" place to go doesn't mean it isn't great.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I disagree. The dining part I think it can definitely hold it's own, the rest, compared to THOSE cities, no. Again, I didn't say the city isn't great, it's just not a tourist destination like those are. Houston is a great city to move in and raise a family. It's not a tourist destination.

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

But the article in the OP that the OP made on the first page in the first post said nothing about the OP being about "tourist cities." It said...well, the OP said, that the article was about "Places to Go in 2013"....as in 2013.

Like, come on, Jeremy Lin and the NBA All-star Game 2013, everyone is there, except Royce White...but let's not make this thread about #protocol.

R o y c e     W H i t e.
    Ok where was I.

Annise Parker!!

8. kevC

kevC Member

I'm a Rice alum who lived in the same dorm as Parker (30 years later) and met her several times in different events. I don't like her at all.

9. heypartner

heypartner Member

this is not a Rice student...anyone want to tell me how I know?

10. kevC

kevC Member

I didn't say "college" because no one would understand it and didn't really feel like explaining it. I was at Jones College from 06-10.

11. Mr. Brightside

If anything, our mayor has made our city a tad bit more gayer. In my village where I grew up, we would chase the homosexual around with a stick.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm sure it's more because of Jeremy Lin.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am sure tourists wold love driving around looking at strip mall after strip mall. I think variety and quantity of food can't be beat, but other than a few places Houston is not pretty place.

14. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Go Coogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Owls!!!!!!!!!

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Houston is a terrible place to visit. Best city in the country to live though

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

Depends on why the person is visiting, don't you think? I'd put Houston's restaurants, museums/arts scene and diversity amongst the best in the country. Natural beauty... Not so much.

17. Raven

Raven Member

It's cheaper to live here. That's about it.

18. heypartner

heypartner Member

lols.

Houston is #7.

Are all y'all really not going to give our Mayor credit for this.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

I was walking down the street the other day, and there were faggots everywhere!

[​IMG]

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

When was the last time you went to a museum, or an art gallery, or the ballet or theater, or NASA, or the boardwalks in Kemah and Galveston, Moody Gardens, etc? We have world-renowned tourist destinations, people just don't see us as a tourist city. That, is evidently slowly changing.