1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

I think BKN will be a high lottery team for the foreseeable future, I just don't see them bottoming out like we did.

jim1961, cmlmel77 and BallSoHarden like this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Naw. Only thing keeping you from trading them in that instance is being stubborn. Once they decided to move on the deal can happen fairly quickly.

3. thekad

thekad Member

You guys are still under the delusion that these picks are gonna be high lottery picks?

LOL they’ll make the playoffs every year.

BallSoHarden and ashleyem like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We’ll see. Currently, their best player is Bridges, who, while solid, isn’t dragging them to the playoffs.

glimmertwins likes this.
  5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

This Nets team is going to surprise a lot of people. Especially in a weakened Eastern Conference now.

A Durant trade was always going to hurt the long-term value of the picks. Too many people underestimated the assets Brooklyn would get in return for KD. Brooklyn is now younger, and loaded with draft capital. The best bet was Brooklyn’s cap space being tied up with an aging KD, a useless Ben Simmons, and an unreliable Kyrie. It was the perfect storm.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The east isn't as weak as it use to be.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don’t think the Nets are a serious playoff team necessarily but I gotta admit they are an interesting team - particularly defensively having so many versatile/position less 3 and d guys to surround a smart PG and most importantly- no incentive to get worse because they don’t control their draft picks. They basically have like a role player all star team.

I would think they would want to trade a lot of them this summer for more draft capital to restart a new era but I could also see them just being a scrappy defense first/no ego/smart basketball team that plays hard and is always a tough game. That seems like a 8 seed team to me…unfortunately for Houston. Maybe Brooklyn’s owner/GM is going to be petty and make sure Brooklyn stays marginally competitive so Houston doesn’t get good value on those picks. That sounds far fetched - but so did the actual story that the Nets traded Kyrie to Dallas to spite him even though they got a better deal from the Suns.

ashleyem likes this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

They got worse and our picks got better at the moment. We'll see how things play out with their moves and play.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our picks got better, any team that get rid of players like Durant, harden and Irving in a span of 2 years is bound to get worse.

Unless Simmons magically regains his confidence and learn how to shoot or one of the many cast aside players on the Net becomes a star, im quite confident that these picks r worth more now that the Nets big 3 has broken up

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Not a good start for this pick...

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Actually we don't have their pick this year, so today's result is largely irrelevant

2024 we own their pick. Who knows what position they are in this time next year?

xaos and clos4life like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think about 6 of their next 8 games will give a better indication of what they've got going on (early, anyway). I'm not sure what kind of barometer beating a lottery team by 11 is. They've definitely got enough talent to not completely suck, though.

i3artow i3aller and Plowman like this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Anyone else notice Durant went to Phoenix the game after they just beat him? Isn’t that also how he got to Golden State - got eliminated by them and immediately joined them?

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm rooting for Brooklyn to have a better record than the Clippers. Pushes our certain pick lower, instead of hoping for the <1% pipe dream that the Nets somehow end up in the lottery and leapfrog our own pick in the top 3.

ArtV likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is more of a long term observation process.

Plowman likes this.
  16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

17. dmoneybangbang

On the other hand.... I wouldn't mind giving back a couple of picks for Brides.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

so it's Kyries fault KD wanted to leave? the players dont have a problem with him and literally rallied around him after the suspension. just media and some fans following the media have problems with Kyrie. Dallas is going to be a good stop for him with Cuban as owner

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

KD asked to leave and Harden was traded AFTER the Kyrie issues with getting vaccinated. That killed any chance or the team chemistry. What you call RALLYING was players trying to make the best of it - kinda like if you had a girlfriend that farts all the time you try to be cool, but as soon as you break it you'd be like "Damn, that was actually F'd up"

20. maj21

maj21 Member

The nets are gonna be a problems. Their defense is insane. We need to cash in on those pick this summer bc this team is gonna be pretty good, especially if they add one star