1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

it's not really two way.

it's what your high brow television would call a multiverse.

I'm just living in one where I don't need everyone's snarky response. I like dialogue but not some dismissive empty nothing. I shouldn't have responded with snark but you aren't a hero. @saleem could come up with an additional empty response that adds nothing all on his own. I didn't need your philosophical take on the format of this community. It's your right to share it, it's my right to tell you that you aren't that clever.

2. 9baller

9baller Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons never plays another NBA game. The Simmons-Harden trade has to be one of Morey's best swindles.

3. dmoneybangbang

Of course it's two way, that's how a forum works.

What else needs to be said about Wood, Gordon, Nwaba, #17 for Simmons? It's just not a good deal for the Rockets.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No if it were 2-way, you would directly speak to a person and that person would respond in some form or decline to respond. Similar to how you and I are responding to each other now which all started because you responded to something that had nothing to do with you. Instead a forum is an open ended form of communication where one person is screaming into a focused universe and a finite amount fish can choose to take the bait or decide that it's not worth their time.

You see right now I'm a dumb ****-ing tadpole who is just eating your shitbait and regretting my existence in this cesslake of topic. Luckily I will soon be reeled in and put out of my misery due to respiratory failure because my tiny Gils aren't formed enough to last a minute on land, fate will have it that I will be reincarnated in another thread as a strong marlin who doesn't bite on just any larvae put in front of my big ****-ing snout.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks want more than a simple no thanks.
    That literally provides nothing xtra to the conversation.

U could say it was a dumbass trade and berate the poster for even suggesting it.
    U could agree and elaborate further

Even the simple no thanks, it's not a good deal for the rockets. would probably suffice

Man just wants more.

mikenm268 and treyk3 like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One could always just go converse with a human in person rather than relying on the internet for so-called interaction.

jiggyfly, DatRocketFan and Plowman like this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

We are going to land some [Premium Talent] after the Nets implode over this offseason and then have a run of consecutive dreadful seasons!

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem is a good person that's knows a ton of basketball.

I'd go to war for saleem any day.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Can someone tell me where our Brooklyn pick wound up? 17?

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This Sharpe kid is intriguing, 6’6 and 7 foot wingspan, this is a Beast!

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I’m hoping for mass exodus in BK this off-season. Kyrie leaves and KD says F playin with that other headcase (Simmons) - I’m out too.

Then Simmons feelings get hurt again and he sits out to pout lol and recover…

we should all have our popcorn ready, hopefully Joe Harris is leading the nets next year

jcmoon and groovemachine like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I expect Kyrie to leave. I don't see them committing to him.

jcmoon likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That’s cool of you, I wouldn’t really go to war metaphorically or literally over anything on here except my ability to shitpost. Are you really Apache? If so respect.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

KD and Kyrie are not retiring, and they are not worthless players lol amazed by the comments here. They got swept by a Boston team that has come together at the right time, Tatum is a bonified super star now and the best player in the series, Smart is the DPOY, Jaylen Brown is also a star, they are a well coached team. The Nets have no depth due to a tremendous number of injuries and they also have an awful coach. KD and Kyrie have a ton of value.

15. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Christ you are sensitive and super emo.

Don't post anything if you don't want a response from anyone, it's pretty simple. This is a fan message board, why do you think you are entitled to something more than a "no thanks" quip? If you are that offended then put me on ignore and saleem on ignore.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Then the man should say so instead of automatically insulting the other poster and then monologuing about "tadpoles, gils, and marlins" when called out.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ben Simmons having a Max, Irving with a Max, and Durant a near Max how do the Nets keep the rest of their roster and fill needed holes?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Irving needs a year off to reset. :cool:

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like your takes and I like saleem takes....I ask that we walk away for a moment and breath.
    Decompress. All be brothers again, soon.

I won't speak for saleem, he can speak for himself; I can just speak for me.
    I wanted Ben Simmons before the season and even up until the trade
    deadline so, I see your point of view.

But even I have to question the mindset of one Ben Simmons. Right now
    he appears to be in a bad spot mentally. Kinda like PTSD. He is
    definitely going to need counseling and a good support system.

That anxiety of being labeled a non shooter is going to weigh on him
    with every shot. Philly saying they would foul him constantly has
    to be a weight on his shoulders with every free throw. He truly has
    to shoot mid range shots and free throws until his fingers bleed to
    have the confidence to take it on the court....and even then so, idk?

So in retrospect I've been with your mindset up until the playoffs began.
    Now I'm with saleem. Please don't be offended, you or someone else
    might be able to convince me otherwise on another day.

Take Care. Love the passion of our Rockets fans!!! Go Rockets!!!

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s still great for the rockets that they got swept. The Rockets now wait for about a year and a half for the 2023-2024 season to start. Getting swept now leads you to presume that they will be a year and a half slower then and likely worse.

A sweep now and likely a non championship next season. Then what? It will be a fifth (Durant’s sixth season with the team) attempt the next season to win, things sour they are getting older more injury prone etc.