1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Detroit Wins - Check
    Atlanta Wins - Check
    Brooklyn Loses - CHECK!!!!

Holy LORT!! What a night!

The Pistons gonna have themselves a challenge tomorrow! OKC. Good luck, you're gonna have to run over half your team before the game to eek out a loss against that team. LOL

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Damn, forgot about Atlanta.

HOTLANTA BABY!!!!!!

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And so ends their season ...

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

do we want Detroit to win Tomorow or OKC ?

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would rather wait and see what we have in terms of star power before attempting to target role players.

D-rock likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I turned the Nets game off after I saw them go up double digits, pleasant surprise

It's nutty that we have a chance at landing the 13th pick in the draft, albeit slim.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but Jalen Duren is a Dwight Howard with a jump shot. You don't get guys like that very often.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What pick do you think #16 & Wood get you ?

D-rock and Aruba77 like this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

#16 and Wood gets you #9

groovemachine and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Even if he doesn't .... I prefer Mark Williams from Duke and I think he makes it to 16. No need to make a move up for a center.

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Would you use a number 5-7 pick on Duren? Or is he purely a move-up target for you? I can't see him falling out of the top 10, personally.

#1473 RudyTBag, Mar 31, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    groovemachine likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

A late first...

matchesmalone likes this.
  15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If the Rockets get a top 2 pick I would definitely look to get a guy like Dieng or Daniels with the nets pick…

Even if we have to trade up a little to get them.

If we can get Chet or Jabari I think we’d have enough in the front court.

Daniels and Dieng would be good developmental prospects. Especially Daniels who would give you another ball handler and passer.

If we end up with a guy like Sharpe or Ivey then I’d be all over Williams with that next pick.

peleincubus and Corrosion like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big difference between 5 and 7. If you land 5, no, I'd take Sharpe or Griffen depending on who is available. Those are two players who have mega star potential. After that, everyone else is just a role player (albeit near all star level ones). You never really know. Like I said Duren might be just a role player, but he could also be Ayton as well. He's 18 and definitely has a lot to learn. But there aren't many guys out there who can guard the Joker, Embiid, other other elite big men who eat us up. This kid can guard them inside and out with his athleticism and 7'5" wing span. If he can develop that jumper, and he does shoot some, he will be a star.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What are you thinking here "we have enough in the front court" assuming we get Chet or Jabari.

Do think Sengun can play the 5 spot long term? I don't, mainly because he just can't defend the position. I think he's better suited to the 4 spot anyway - that is if he can improve his 3 ball a bit.

What are you doing with Wood? I might extend him for the right price but its not gonna be anywhere close to max money. If you get one of Chet / Jabari and move Wood ....I think you still need another big besides Sengun & Garuba.

If we didn't get one of those top 3 bigs I like Mark Williams at 16 too .... He's going to make some team real happy as a defensive anchor who isn't a zero offensively.
    I don't think much of the rest of the players in that range except maybe Nikola Jovic as a full sized 3 at 6'10" but he has to make a huge leap as a shooter ... .325 isn't gonna cut it. I do like that he tries to dunk everything around the rim and plays with effort on defense .... something we could really use out of a guy with his size.

Chet or Jabari & Jovic

Ivey or Sharpe & Williams.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Basically, I don't think we need to come out of this draft with two bigs even if we trade Wood.

I think they need to add a 1-3 type prospect to develop.

I like Bruno and I am hoping he is back. I think he can hold down back up big minutes along with Garuba.

So if we were to get Chet who I think would be a good pairing with Sengun, I'm fine with Garuba, Bruno, Tate, KJ getting the 4/5 back up minutes. And that's assuming Wood is gone.

Basically, I don't think we need to come out of the draft with two bigs. I think one is enough.

I'd be really happy to come out of this draft with Chet and Daniels.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm all in on Ousmane Dieng with the Nets pick.

He's a bit of reach at this point but also could be gone as soon as pick 10-12 like we saw with ZW and Memphis.

I want switchable guys with length at both the top 6 pick and the Brooklyn pick.

xtruroyaltyx and conquistador#11 like this.