1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Some people rather see Morey burn than help the Rocket's draft capital I guess (assuming Harden doesn't bounce back)

jiggyfly and hakeem94 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Simmons/ KD is the core. Kyrie can kick rocks.

They will get more than Simmons in this trade.

Thybulle at a minimum.

Thybulle and Maxey and picks if Daryl is desperate, which I think he is.

I'm not a fan of Stone's trades to be honest. They only one I thought at the time of the deal was a good move was the Covington trade expanded into the Wood trade. I think this deal was made because Tilman won't deal with Morey. Simmons is better than any player we will draft with the Net's picks and I understand the fact that the Rockets got to tank last year because of their miscalculation on VO. They thought they were a playoff team. Tanking was not done on purpose. I have sources on that. That tells me this team has a severe miscalculation issue.

ElPigto, BigggReddd, Mr Woods and 3 others like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Caris Levert is nothing special.
    Dude has only played more than 70 games once in his career, shoots around 30% from three. His efg% has declined since his rookie year. He is a big time JAG.

I'd rather have taken a swing with Olidipo and Olynk than to have oft injured Caris Levert on the books.

If anyone should be lamenting the Harden trade it's the Nets.

The Rockets are in a pretty good situation moving forward...WTF was Caris Levert going to do for this team?

#63 xtruroyaltyx, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    ChillyPete32 likes this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The more I think about this the more I think the Harden/Simmons swap is actually bad for the rockets. If they do it that means Brooklyn will have Ben Simmons in his prime for the entire time we own their picks. So even if Durant and Kyrie leave or retire or whatever, that team is still going to be Ben Simmons plus whatever four guys they surround him with. That's probably a first round exit every year, which means all the picks we get from them will suck. I think Ben Simmons gives them a pretty high floor as long as he stays there.

mikenm268, slothy420, NewAge and 9 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, the potential for fckery would be sky high, and I’m here for hijinks and shenanigans that could ensue

xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep harden with the Nets. If he recovers and saves the season oh well, but a prime ben Simmons motivated to play on the Nets will make those picks of ours sht.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Also, Klutch connection.

This is bad for the Rockets.

Only people who see it other wise are blinded by memes.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD is liable to miss 20+ games every year…Kyrie is a fool

Ben Simmons will often be playing with the dregs of BK’s bench when KD is out and Kyrie is doing god knows what

Sixers were 10-11 without Embiid last year

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I dont give much credit to Stone or Fertita bit IMO we are better off now than we would have been with Simmons. Better lucky than good on our current fate in regards to Stone but we are still set up nicely.

clutchdabear and ChillyPete32 like this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

agreed that dealing with Brooklyn was the way to go, but can’t get over the Dipo part of the trade when I know we could have had Allen, Levert, or another 1st.

even more difficult was watching the never-to-be next great big man for the rockets in Mobley the other night. Painful. Go go gadget arms!

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Looks a lot like this. This is why I think this story has legs.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

That's ridiculous. What we are seeing happen with the Nets was the plan with the picks all along. KD is hurt because he's older in age and injury prone. So is Harden and Kyrie. They are all declining. Harden looks slow and washed. Give it another season or two and they'll be done, with no draft capital or valuable players, landing us hopefully prime draft capital towards the latter part of what they owe us. Trading for Simmons literally ruins all of that.

Y2JT and NewAge like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I love it.

Maybe Nets drop to 10th seed and have fight for play in. Win it all from bottom.

Win-win for Rockets fans.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We should be hoping Harden walks in free agency.

Brooklyn getting Simmons is very bad for us.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

very ? idk ... if we were relying on picks still 4 year out to be bad ... its still a crapshoot.

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I’ve been kinda here since we made the trade. All 3 guys bouncing after year 2 was the best scenario but next best was them being saddled way in the tax with aging and broken down players and no way to improve. That’s why I really liked the trade Stone made.

Harden’s breakdown coming soon unless he drastically changes his lifestyle and training methods was super obvious before we traded him even.

Simmons is a baby though and is leaving a franchise that mostly coddled him. This could still go bad. Idk if the floor overall is high but the bottom completely falling out is less likely.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets FO having a severe miscalculation issue is being very kind.

Very.

BHannes2BHonest and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's doing an incredible amount of standing around, isn't he. It really does look like he's disinterested. I don't know if he's truly "washed," I have my doubts about it. He's likely fed up with the Kyrie melodrama, beat up from carrying the load, something he's already familiar with during the years here, while looking to the future and wondering how KD is going to hold up. In other words, there's a good chance that Harden is "washed" with Brooklyn, and Daryl Morey knows how to sing his tune, with Embiid waiting in the wings.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. good times, good times

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am one of the biggest Simmons doubters but I think Simmons may flourish as a third option with KD and Kyrie and all the spacing in Brooklyn. Nets getting him would be pretty bad for us IMO.

GotGame15 and NewAge like this.