1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Only a 2nd for covington and Powell sets a bad market for Gordon imo, although I know Portland is a bit desperate to get out of tax

Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Keon Johnson was a FRP just this year. Some mocks had him going top 10.

It goes to show how much can change once the players hit the court.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

best thing Nets might ever get if Harden leaves is Simmons and filler

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clips never wanted him.

Wrong LA team.

groovemachine likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I guess that's true. Rookie flyer and 2nd is prolly similar value to a 1

D-rock likes this.
  6. mightybosstone

The further we get from that Harden trade, the worse the Oladipo portion of that transaction looks. You could have had Levert, who is at least a competent, youngish starting wing. Instead you got a broken Oladipo, who you turned into a player who's no longer here in Olynyk and a pick swap that's not likely to happen. At least Oladipo wasn't a huge help to Miami, so he didn't help their pick last season or this year. But now the pick swap portion of the trade with the Heat looks pointless.

At this point, I'm just rooting for the Nets and Heat to lose every game regardless, but I was so sure the Nets would finish with the better record. On the flip side, at least if they keep imploding, you get a better pick from them this year than expected and maybe those future picks start inching closer to lottery territory.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Which is most likely a playoff team for the next 4 seasons with the Klutch connection.

I know Simmons doesn't compare to Harden but it's still a bad outcome for the picks.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

we really should be thanking Kyrie…man is a trojan horse and has been the catalyst for everything negative happening in BK

his refusal to get vaccinated has not only lead to frustration, but KD and Harden playing more minutes and having to carry a larger load leaving them more susceptible to injury

without KD, it’s basically a declining Harden and a bad shooting G-League team every home game…on the road, they’re meh

live look at Kyrie Irving

[​IMG]

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Portland badly needed out of that long term Powell contract. They really should have just paid Trent as opposed to trading for and signing Powell long term. He’s been forced to play out if position with CJ on the roster. I thought they’d get more for Powell and Cov but considering the salary motivations and I’m sure they really like Keon Johnson, I’m not shocked by this deal. Folks here in Portland are furious though.

D-rock, jcmoon and BigMaloe like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It also likely rules them out as a destination for Eric Gordon.

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes!
    We should also hire Mobleys father, cause he knew the real situation here well! and didnt want his son working out for this bad led franchise.... also what other good player will want to work out for Rockets when we denied Alpi playing time in favor of Danual Theis and Danuel House thus denying him of ROY... not a good look...
    [​IMG]

ps i fixed your gif, when you get to the gifs adress you quoted you should right click on the gif then copy adress of the image, then you paste it into insert image tool here...thats how you do it

NewAge likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

theres a lesson in boston... boatload of picks and 4 allstars doesnt work.... doesnt even get you near the real contenders

they had kyrie tatum jalen horford the jazz guy the coach the gm the refs the culture.. FIRST ROUND EXITS, 2ND ROUND AT BESTY

keep deluding yourself that losing can replace winning

picks are wortless

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

NewAge likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

But they still need a point guard....Augustin x Ibaka

Trade x Covington sets it up

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Harden to Sixers

Simmons involved

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They overvalue their picks and players and have no urgency. I want that job, no risk, no hustle, nothing.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The whole trade was ridiculous and the only thing that can save it is if the Nets blow up in spectacular fashion, and it seems like they are on their way to.

We could have had LeVert and Jarret Allen who is averaging 16 and 11, and is better than Wood.

D-rock and mightybosstone like this.
  18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Moar happening

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Maybe. But I don't see it. Obviously though we all know Shams is legit. I think the Nets title odds this year are pretty high. If they can take a shot at it, and then still trade Harden for Simmons in the off season.

Conversely, I don't see Simmons doing that much for the Nets this year. Id think chemistry, roster turnover, covid, injuries and Kyrie will be enough to keep them from a title. Next year maybe but Kyrie and especially Durant are getting old.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.