1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 15 Worst Stand-Up Comedians...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I really enjoyed watching standup when I was like ten or eleven years old, and I loved Tim Allen's act when it first came out but already thought it was played out by the time his show came along. I still think he has enough self-confidence and affability to be a good emcee, great radio talk-show guest or actually a good comedian if he were to work on his material.

I like Margaret Cho, Janeane Garofalo and Kathy Griffin's personalities, I think they all have the potential to write good material but their audiences are so loyal and specific that they'd just rather stick to their old stuff and rake in what have to be insane amounts of cash.

I'm stunned that Saget is still able to "suprise" young Gen-Xers with his vulgarity, before Full House he actually got a lot of flack when he was part of the CBS Morning Show because of his racy comments.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This list can't be correct... I don't see Janeane Garofalo on it.

And as for Sinbad, I've always liked his humor and could never put him on a list like this. Carlos Mencia? His comedy is a one trick pony that's been beaten death. George Lopez never really bothered me that much. I though he was funny, but not hysterically so.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey, let's start a war :

The comedian I found the least funny but is thought of by so many to be a god of comedy? Bill Hicks. I've listened to some of his stuff and just don't get it.

4. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

Donde esta Jay Leno?

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Of the ones I've seen on the list:

Andrew “Dice” Clay: All I really know of him his the children's rhymes he turns into crude jokes. That's pretty much all I remember of what I have seen.

Margaret Cho: Unfunny. I've seen some women enjoy her stuff but she was just overall unfunny when I watched her.

Sinbad: I'm glad others in the thread have made note that Sinbad should not be on the list. He is actually pretty good and like others said he does it well without being overly crude.

Lisa Lampanelli: I just watched a special of her's a few weeks ago on HBO. Her whole act was just to be as offensive as possible, especially to audience members. Not that I cared but you can only do it for so long before you audience is like "please move onto something else!"

Larry the Cable Guy: See Andrew Dice Clay but exchange children's rhymes with "Git 'er Done" or whatever the hell he says.

Bob Saget: Like others have said, the whole over the top crudeness just seems forced and like he wants us all to forget Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos. It doesn't work.

Carlos Mencia: Recycled garbage.....among other things.

George Lopez: Number 1 in my book. I'm Mexican!!! Hey did you know Latinos do this! White people do this but Mexicans do this! Mexican, Latinos, Latinos and Mexicans. Yeah, that's pretty much his whole show.

I'd add Jamie Kennedy to the list. Watched one of his specials several months ago. Horrible.

#65 Lil Pun, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

wow...

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't think that would start anything. Some people do not find him funny. I personally agree on what he said with social problems and find he does it in a humorous way, but have never laughed hysterically in anything he's ever said. I like him put I put him along with Carlin, Great speaker that talks about social issues in a humorous way. Not the best stand-up. But I have one that real comic fans can answer for me. Do you find Lenny Bruce funny? I'm a really big fan of stand-up comedy and go religiously to Cap City here in Austin and am always there tuesdays for Matt Bearden's Punch show, and I have never found Lenny Bruce funny at all. I've tried to watch everything I could because ever great comedian talks about him but I can never find anything he says funny.

8. Nero

Nero Member

Put on your flame-resistant underwear man!

Amazingly, for fans of a supposed 'comedian', Bill Hicks fanatics are some of the most humorless people ever.

But I totally agree with you.

9. spydermex

spydermex Member

ken jeong actually did a lot of stand up before getting famous....i remember watching him on comic view with his guitar....he went by dr. ken in those days.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Carlos Mencia should be number one.

11. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

At first I was like where the hell is Dane Cook? I am glad Mencia is on there too. On his recent outing he reworded Raphie May's joke about differentiating Americans.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

fix'd

13. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I don't want to sound sexist but it's hard to find any female comedian that I think is funny. Do you think it's perspective? To be sure there are some but most of the time if I see one on TV I give them 3-4 joke buffer before I change the channel.

14. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I agree Leno should be on that list and Jimmy Kimmel.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Ralphie may is pretty legit.

16. PointForward

PointForward Member

Kathy Griffin makes me want to puncture my ear drums.

17. Yonkers

Totally this. Plus she looks even worse now after her plastic surgery so she also makes me want to poke out my eyes.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I could never put Hicks and Carlin in the same boat. I've listened to some stuff by Hicks where for a solid 3-5 minutes he goes on a tirade and nobody in the audience is laughing (or very few are), and I swear it's probably because they're scared for their lives. Everything I've heard from Hicks just sounded like an angry/disturbed person. Now Lewis Black would be an angry/disturbed person who is also funny and one of my favorite comedians. Carlin is a great storyteller, but he keeps me focused on the entire story or the joke throughout, whereas with Hicks, I'm looking for the proverbial exit halfway through the joke. Carlin doesn't come off as being disturbed to me. He's also one of my favorite comedians. As for Lenny Bruce - another guy I really never got into, but I've only seen/listened to a small sampling of his comedy.

19. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Why doesn't this guy get a mention?
    [​IMG]

20. Yonkers

Maybe I'm not big into angry comedians but I really hate Lewis Black too. Sam Kinison ain't really my thing either.