1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 15 Worst Stand-Up Comedians...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Dec 8, 2011.

1. what

what Member

My george lopez isn't funny meter doesn't work. I thought we went over this already. I need somebody to show me so that I can grasp the true meaning.

2. myco

myco Contributing Member

Why do you care? You are free to like the terribly unfunny George Lopez all you want.

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Right!? ;)

Other than Michael Richards, that list is trash.
    These people were snubbed...

10. Sarah Silverman
    9. Ant
    8. Rick Rockwell
    7. Brian Dunkleman
    6. Rosie O'Donnell
    5. Jimmy Walker
    4. Brett Butler
    3. Gilbert Godfrey
    2. Tom Arnold
    [​IMG]

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) Charlyne Yi

"Lulz OMG I'm a hipster squaw or something, haha look! paper airplanes!"

****ing gag me with a spoon.

5. what

what Member

I'd agree with this list a lot more. Other than Brett Butler who I kinda had a thing for back in the day, I never laugh at any of the others.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You have to be able to recognize comedians who aren't funny.

The fact that Lopez's entire repertoire consists of jokes about being Mexican is really news to you? Really?? He's like the stand-up version of Swoly-D.

Anyway, here's a video of Larry the Cable Guy before he adopted his redneck character:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nqm-vKWEkoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. what

what Member

You might look at this as an inartistic schtick, however most artist spend many years trying to find their voice. In Comedy, Music, Writing.

That's like saying damn I wish the ramones would do something other than punk.

That's who the ramones are. I'm not claiming that Larry the cable guy is Pryor, but I will say that he went about finding his voice in much the same way.

1 person likes this.
  8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know, I find Kathy Griffin pretty funny.

9. YaosDirtyStache

Clutchfans Own ANOTHERBROTHER aka BILLY D WASHINGTON for worst comedian of all time!

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hey man, to each his own. It's all subjective anyway, so no one is really wrong per se.

I just don't like comedians who are one-trick-ponies. Fat comedians making nothing but fat jokes, ethnic comedians making nothing but ethnic jokes, etc.

Nothing like seeing a fat guy walk out on stage and just knowing, without ever having seen him before, that his whole set is going to be a bunch of fat jokes. Just boring and predictable to me.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You sound like you'd really enjoy this guy...

[​IMG]

MAN ITS HARD BEING MEXICAN AND FAT!

THE ONLY WAY WE CAN MAKE IT OVER THE FENCE IS TO CHEW THROUGH IT!

HIYOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

ok read the next line:

"Mexicans are different esé, we eat frijoles and white people eat potatoes yo!"

Are you LOL'ing? :

Yes - Then you enjoy George Lopez and are mildly to severely mentally handicapped. ಠ_ಠ
    No - Well of course you didn't find lame, retread, poorly written, poorly preformed, racial only humor funny - you would have to be mentally handicapped for that.

;)

1 person likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I want to hop on the Sinbad props... I've seen like 2 of his specials and they were both hilarious, can't possibly be on that list.

14. Another Brother

I knew it would come to this! :(

This dude would beg to differ.

NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8cHsPWq2QLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I work at the Houston Improv from time to time with some of the nations "top rated" acts. Come out and see who's worse. ;)

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

meow? ;)

saw howie do improv a while back and he was...amazingly sharp and funny. Not a big fan of his standup. I've seen some pretty funny stuff from Rosie O too. Didn't expect that.

I do agree with your list more, but just because Gilbert Godfrey's on it -- and you gave Michael Richards an honorary spot...

16. Another Brother

I was headlining this club in Chicago years ago and Howie came in to do some time before me in preparation for a theater show that he was doing the next night. He was supposed to do 10-15 minutes and ended up boring an audience of 300 for over an hour. So his listing as my #1 is more personal than actual, I guess. I still followed him and spent my first 15 minutes talking about how bad he was, and murdered for another hour.

The only other time that happened was in New York where I was to perform at Carolines in front of a packed house full of agents industry execs. Jay Mohr came in to do a 5 minute spot and destroyed for over an hour right before me, on this occasion I was not quite so successful. When he was at the top of his game Jay Mohr was one of the best ever.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jay Mohr was acerbic as ****, probably would have done better if people didn't think he was just a Denis Leary clone.

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

cool story ABro!

I suspect Howie could drive you mad on a ten minute cab ride -- but when an energy imrov guy 'hits' it's pretty amazing.

Saw the same thing with Robin Williams who used to come and do an open mic at a local club when he was in town for a movie. The amateur guys who followed him never stood a chance.

You've picked a strange calling. Mad respect for those who entertain with nothing but a mic and their wits.

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You mean, this is George:
    [​IMG]
    ???? :confused:

Hey, at least I don't have that raspy ass annoying voice from the show... that got canned. :p I've never been banned on ClutchFans.

20. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

Oh hell, Yakov Smirnoff was one of the funniest comedians during the 80's. "In America, You watch TV, in Communist Russian, TV watches you. What a country..."

Maybe it's because he doesn't swear or considered "edgy", but I consider shockvalue overrated and overused by today's comedians.