1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 15 Worst Stand-Up Comedians...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This person has obviously never heard Bob Saget's stand up routine and is basing his rating from the kid sitcom.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Bob Saget's comedy is based on being as offensive as possible. I watched his most current special and it seemed like he was trying way too hard to provide shock value to the audience. It got old really quickly. That being said, I don't think he belongs in the top 10 worst comics.

Also, I think Dane Cook is too high on this list. I hate the man's comedy, but he's definitely better than Jeff Dunham, Carlos Mencia, or George Lopez. To me, Jeff Dunham may be the worst comedian of all time.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Pretty sure he doesn't. He is actually a doctor, who recently got into comedy acting I think

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

This is correct.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Charlie Murphy was pretty terrible.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Stories and skits = HILARIOUS but his stand up was meh.

7. what

what Member

I think he is hilarious. I'm not sure what is so offensive about him?

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's spot on. He's trying too hard to shake his children's show image and it doesn't seem honest. Way too contrived IMO.

Who said he was offensive? Hell, if he was offensive, maybe he would actually be funny. Has he ever done a joke that didn't involve Mexicans?

Again, not offensive at all. Just not funny. Ethnic humor is so played out and dull.

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

No that is not. He did do stand-up. He was interviewed by marc Maron where he talks about being a doctor and going to open mics. I don't think he did for a long time so you really can't consider him to be the worst but that is how he got started. If I remember correctly Bobby lee was talking about going on tour with him doing standup.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Some Ken Jeong stand up and another with Galifinakis back in the 90's...

<embed flashVars="" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/5692464/dr_ken_old_bet_comic_view_standup.swf" width="440" height="248" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_5692464" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5692464/dr_ken_old_bet_comic_view_standup/">Dr Ken - Old BET Comic View Standup</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Watch more amazing videos here</a></div>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e_MqfZvnXiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I stand corrected. I was unaware that he ever did stand-up professionally.

12. what

what Member

So you this he is not funny because he uses his ethnicity as a source of humor?

Thanks for clarifying it.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is my fault. I've never told anyone this before, but during game 4 of the 2004 NLCS, I actually sat RIGHT NEXT to George Lopez. Me and him actually talked quite a bit during the game, and he even bought me a beer, which was cool. However, the point I'm trying to make is that I had an opportunity to wipe him off this planet, and I didn't take it. I made the classic rookie mistake of getting too close to my mark, and I became attached. I promise you, fellow Clutchfans, that I will never allow that to happen again.

P.S. He was cheering for the Astros. Also, his head is GIGANTIC. It was like an orange on a toothpick.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Fixed.

15. what

what Member

So you agree with this too, eh?

Is there a club I don't know about?

Maybe I'd like to join, what are the requirements?

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Please show me an example of George Lopez being funny or saying something funny.

17. what

what Member

I'd rather you show ME what you are talking about. I am the one that doesn't get it. I like being in the in crowd. Show me the errors of my ways?

18. jae713

jae713 Member

I laughed to tears the first time I seen George Lopez. After that he was meh...

19. Nook

Nook Member

Sinbad is not funny... Watching a r****ded child run in circles while on fire is more humorous.

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Go to YouTube and search "George Lopez stand up". Click and watch any of the videos.

Now do you see?