1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That's it then? The BBS hates Harden now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, May 13, 2017.

?

Are you done with Harden?

1. Yes, I'm done with Harden

48 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No, not yet, there's still some future there

80 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. No, I'

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I mostly agree about the short term memory with some loud posters.

I do expect the Rockets to learn something from this year and make appropriate adjustments though - but mostly things are trending in the right direction

lionaire likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love harden...but He broke my heart man, gives us something bro! Some kind of answers

3. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I'm hoping it's something he'll get past. Maybe JVG is right and Harden needs a hype man to get through the serious pressure situations.
    The system was definitely good this year with what seemed like more relevant players around Harden, but there's definitely parts to improve still. The midrange boycott needs to be relaxed somewhat

DreamShook and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was tough in that "Harden is going to get screwed over for MVP again" thread. I was whining in that tread for half the gawd damn year. I was watching every sports program lamenting, and prosecuting every judgment of James Harden. I was complaining they were ruining his legacy.

Game 5 got my confidence in Harden to an all time low . Game 6 made me jump off the bandwagon.

I'll root for Harden only because he is a Houston Rocket. If he does well, the Rockets do well. However, I just can't be a fan of a player that always makes a damn excuse then says "no excuses". He has no will to win! It seems the conditions have to be absolutely perfect for Harden to get a playoff W.

I know this sounds silly, but man, I feel betrayed. I don't really hate him, but I'm pretty disappointed. I thought this guy was something he wasn't. I don't trust him.

As it stands now, I'm convinced Harden will quit on us again.

Dopamine, Richie_Rich, Easy and 10 others like this.
  6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'm a Rockets fan.

You quit on the Rockets, I'm done with you.

Dopamine, Tomstro, roxallways and 3 others like this.
  7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I am disappointed in Harden, but at the end of the day it's a game that is watched for entertainment.

srrm and DreamShook like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Chilly_Pete like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Some fans have been burned too long and started to believe again.

We don't have a big 2, let alone a big three. It's like this board wants to trade harden for dream. Well even dream had shitfits because he didn't get enough help. It's a different league and most of these stars are just as pampered as harden

srrm likes this.
  10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It's all good until Harden turns into a pumpkin when the clock strikes midnight. :p

Dopamine, Easy, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I figured that thread would get a little more activity (or any, haha) if people really did hate Harden.

I'd say "hate" isn't the right word. I don't think this BBS knows how to feel about Harden. I waffle back and forth.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am definitely not done with him...trading him would do nothing but make us worse

He tried to be more of a leader this year after that dysfunctional 15-16 season, but he's just not a natural at it. He's not a leader, and that's ok, not everyone is. Morey needs to bring in another star next to him who can also be the leader of the team. Harden needs his KG.

he can be the best offensive player on a championship team, but he can't be the best offensive player by far or the guy who has to create everything for others...his scoring and playmaking burden is too much, his usage rate is too high

Pen15clubber, srrm and J Sizzle like this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If we had Westbrook people would b**** he shot us out of the game.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

for real

he was getting crucified on here like crazy the entire regular season and throughout the playoffs, and he wasn't even playing for the Rockets

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How many would say he quit though? Harden didn't even try the last game of the season! Harden didn't even try... quitting is inexcusable!

I'm telling you right now, there wouldn't be near the amount of ridicule after this loss if Harden went out like he cared about the game.

There are big Harden fans questioning everything right now. I was a big Harden supporter before game 5 and 6.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, we know all you dudes would love Harden again if we go to the Finals next season or 2 years from now or whenever. If he won a ring you would never hate him again.

Just like Lebron.

Picture being a Cleveland fan, the first time this dude leaves you he opens a big can of quit against the Celtics...leaves you...fans burning jerseys and ****...dude comes back and everyone loves him again.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong to hate on Harden but we all know how quick hate turns to love when things go right.

Pen15clubber, J.R. and srrm like this.
  17. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Waffling is fine, the doubts are legitimate. But I think the rebound in this regular season from last year is strong evidence for Harden to rebound in a future playoff performance.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Duh. I'm pretty sure this is the only way. I'm never going to trust Harden until this happens. I'm not one of those "cut off the nose to spite the face" kind of fans. I'm not silly enough to think the Rockets would be better off without Harden. Rockets need Harden. I have no faith in James Harden though. I'm expecting the worst.

19. malakas

malakas Member

hate?
    Is now calling Harden a quitter, hate? That he choked, dissappeared, failed to show up? That he doesn't seem to be interested to win? That he is the opposite of a leader?
    That he wasn't too "devastated" as the Rockets PR bs excuse machine tried to put it, to not just go straight from the arena to a party all night with the Kartrashians while some sycophants were cheering him on as MVP?

If saying the truth is called hating him, then I hate him.
    But most neutral ppl would say that that's only telling the truth and the simple facts about James Harden.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Look man, I don't even care about the losses that much. I don't care too much if we got blown out 4-0 to a better team

What is totally unacceptable as someone who has pretty much watched every Rockets game this season is to see Harden quit. That is the absolute disrespect to Houston Rockets, all its fans and basketball in general.

Short of a championship, I will never forgive him for quitting on us. It is what it is.