1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That's it!!! I've had it with Comcast!! Who should I switch to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blurr#7, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

can you imagine television where you can pick and choose whichever network you want, when you want. let's face it, the current television model sucks for consumers.

on a side note, this is why the internet should always remain open and free. can you imagine having to pick an ISP based on which sites you can access because the ISP has contracts with those sites. a website like clutchfans would never happen in that world.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ free TV? :eek: Advertising, channel lineups, regions, etc. They all play part.
    How is that fair at all? :confused: I mean, you're paying lots of dough for that thing... someone with "insider" info or a common sense reason please tell me... I know it's all about the money, even if they say it isn't.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just get a IP address spoofer. NetShade on a Mac should work. There are Windows options as well.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This. I routinely have to wait 4 or 5 seconds for the guide to open it up after I press that button on my remote. I don't know what the deal is.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Internet is fine, problems are with customer service,cable and crapstastic DVR boxes. Too long of a story but the gist of it is we were lied to on several occassions about techs comming out and never showing up, put on hold for long periods of time just to be disconnected or hung up on and repeated issues with our service wich for some reason they can't or will not fix. My bill is in the $150 range for internet and cable so they're not cheap. This is been ongoing for three weeks!

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Enough is enough, and it's time for a change!!!

[​IMG]

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm very happy with Direct TV.

whole home DVR, controlling TV's with my ipad, streaming TV to ipad, great picture and sound.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

^^^^ This. I have had DirecTV for about 4-5 years now and I have absolutely loved it. They upgraded my entire house for free. They also have the best customer service IMO. If you call them complaining they will give you free stuff all the time. Especially if you are a loyal customer to them.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

My dad has directv and he loves it and I like it too.

But I want good internet and I talked to comcast and there service is terrible. Whom* should I go with?

*Sometimes I really like you Swoly, but sometimes not so much.

10. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah my internet is going about 1 or 2mbps when it is not cutting out. They said it should be between 20-25mbps. It took them about a month to fix it last time about a year ago. Now it goes out a lot. I switched out the modem. I have called multiple times and they still try to walk me through resetting the router and stuff. It is a joke. Someone came out a week and a half ago and said the connection is too slow to stay connected and they would be sending someone the next day to deal with it and we dont have to be home since it is outside. They never came and I called and they had no idea what i was talking about and just tried to schedule another appointment after trying to get me to reset and unplug everything again. I had to wait a week for someone to come out the first time. The only one who recognized there was an issue was the technician who apparently didnt leave any notes about the issue. Pretty annoying when you cant even play a game of call of duty or stream netflix when you are the only one home using the connection.....

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Technology is bad!

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What about when there are thunderstorms while the Rockets are playing? THEN what? :eek: That was my main reason for switching. U-verse has never given me similar trouble.

13. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Dish is the **** IMO.. Get the hopper it works great.. Now internet :( Comcast..

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

this is a stupid cable myth. i have directv and if it cuts out due to weather (very very rare) i switch to non-hd feed and it comes in clean.

btw... the weathr interuptions. with satelliate are far more rare than the normal (line got cut) cable outages.

I think your kidding but just in case you are that thick, Free as in Open or Neutral.