1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks Obama: debt grows at rate of $3M/minute

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mc mark

mc mark Member

2. SunsRocketsfan

sorry cant edit posts..part of my post above might not make sense. I misread what sooner posted.

3. SunsRocketsfan

This whole blame game is getting really old. Everyone can just go back and forth on report after report on who's fault it is. But does that fix anything? It's pretty damn annoying that all the Democrats and Republicans do is blame each other.
    For example regarding the charts above I can post this article or site to refute claims about the Bush Tax cuts as the main cause of the current debt.

I really don't care who's fault it is. There is a huge problem now go fix it.

4. mc mark

mc mark Member

absolutely! Tell the republican house to start working with the president

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

How can you fix something if you don't know what the problem is? The purpose of the back and forth is to establish what the problem is.

6. mc mark

mc mark Member

we know what the problem is

[​IMG]

7. SunsRocketsfan

I don't really see the purpose of the back and forth. If they actually presented some facts rather than just talking points it would be different. Take the original article posted by Basso for example. It just shows a whole bunch of numbers and how the debt has grown and concludes it with Hey look Obama is the one in office when all this happened. It must be all his fault. Thats all you see in this back and forth crap. The Dems do the exact same thing.

8. SunsRocketsfan

yea that is the problem with our system. You know it would be exactly the same if it was the other way around also.

9. ILoveTheRockets

Please do. I'm curious to see if it will be a factual piece of argument.

If you deny facts, then you deny every thing America stands for.

10. mc mark

mc mark Member

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall an instance in our past where democrats have completely apposed every….single…thing…a republican president was trying to accomplish. Hell republicans are now even apposing their own ideas because a democratic president decided to implement them.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Seems silly to respond to a bad response to a throwaway post, but here you go...

When Obama first took office, we were treated to lots of screaming from the wingnut radio contingent... so much so that they got Repubs to introduce a bill that would do away with the Fairness Doctrine even though it had already been effectively done away with in 1987...

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So, after bloviating about the Fairness Doctrine for the first part of the Obama presidency and establishing the fear in old people that they wouldn't be able to listen to their favorite hate-monger on the radio during trips to the doctor and church (conveniently scheduled during the "news" part of the FOX News schedule), we now know the Obama administration absolutely killed the Fairness Doctrine. Thus, on-air wingnut ranters can sleep easy knowing they won't be booted off the air or be forced to share their radio time with the likes of Janeane Garofalo.

Thus, your statement "Every aspect of every American's life is worse than when Obama took office" is demonstrably false based on the words of the radio wingnuts and the actions of the Obama Administration that did away with the "threat" to their livelihood and preserved their freedom to spew crap over the airwaves.

12. ILoveTheRockets

Glad to see some people not caving into the conservative republican views of Obama. Where are you guys at in public? damn

13. SunsRocketsfan

I already did. Read more carefully.. But since you missed it here you go

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...ics-fall-short

Tax Cuts Are Still Not Driving the Budget Deficit: The Critics Fall Short

I never claimed this is my area of expertise so I cant refute claims personally. I can only do my own research and try to get a broad understanding of the issues. What you will find is there is always two sides to every issue and sometimes both make very compelling arguments. So since you are so interested why don't you debate and argue all the statements made in this article. Have at it and have fun

14. SunsRocketsfan

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

This is the crux of the matter. Both sides are douchebags who don't care much about serious discussions or constituent issues, but the republicans are undeniably more recalcitrant to any idea from the opposing side.

16. Granville

Granville Member

and failed....

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

great post by CXbby from stock market thread

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

These debt rises and price rises are crapping on the poorer folk which makes a bigger rift grow between poorer and richer folk. They took away our NASA, and NASA was the last bad-ass thing we had going for us that did not involve killing, maiming and raping.:(

I think the problem is these old people. They think because they're living longer than other generations have lived on average and living in better comfort somehow means they should and can stick around dictating whatever the hell god awful throwback 1950's era ideas they have. No better example than A&M.

That football team (not the university) is going down the crapper because they got a bunch of j*zz-jar loving, nut-grabbing, gung-ho John Wayne's who still think that raping female students in the 1960's was a good way to keep the school homo. They're still around, so are their children and their chillin's chillin. You think they didn't teach the same crap philosophy to their kids that they great grandaddies taught them? You would be wrong if you thought all this stuff went poof, like magic.

19. SunsRocketsfan

Its easy to say he failed looking at unemployment, the debt and everything that is wrong with the economy, but what could Obama have done differently to not have failed? Like I said earlier, I really don't think things would be much different (state of the economy) if a Republican like John McCain was in office.

Your thought process is exactly whats wrong with our elected leaders and politicans and our whole damn system. It's so easy to just point fingers, blame the other guy and said he failed.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. Congrats. Your party won, the country lost, woot!