1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juugie, Apr 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Juugie

Juugie Member

I started a thread a couple of days ago saying that if Yao could give the Rockets 12-15 rebounds that they would win most of their games. That thread was a little critical of Yao. So I want to be the first one to post and give the big fella props for playing big, contolling the paint, and helping the Rox post a big win.

Way to go, Yao. Let's get 12-15 more next game...

2. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Hey i've been paying attention to the whole "when yao ming blocks two or more shots the rockets win" stat and its eerily prescient.

Anybody have the updated stats on this?

STuart

3. nonmin

nonmin Member

If yao blocks >=3, the record is 19:4 if I remember right

4. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

One of his blocks was a clean one but ref blew it. :rolleyes:

5. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

We can probably thank KT for getting our big guys to come alive on the boards..they didnt want to be embarrased. Eddie and MoT combined for over 20 rebounds to go along with Yaos tough performance. Yao also out wresrled KT for a couple that could have gone either way.

6. New Jack

New Jack Member

Not to mention Posey added 12 rebounds, along with 19 points. Our frontcourt was just awesome tonight.

7. Yun

Yun Member

I usually do not like Mobley's play but tonight I think he played great defense.
    So My cheer is for him too.:)

Infact, I think the whole team were playing hard tonight and go after the ball.

Hopefully, they can keep it up. :)

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Great second half by the Rockets, a lot of the determination that we've been hoping against hope to start seeing. I'm still not sure why they didn't come out of the gate with it, but I'll take what I can get. Cat's finger looked like it was messing him up, but he still managed to contribute to the team... that's the kind of play the Rockets need if they're going to capitalize on their diminishing chances. Yao especially played the way we need him to tonight. Another bizarre night for the always-unpredictable Rockets. I hope the flashes of greatness and most of all the intensity stick around for the rest of the season! Whooo!

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Dude, honestly..... the bull**** "look at me" blue font is pretty pathetic. :rolleyes:

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

HTown, if u want to bash him somemore, you should go to his nba thread talking about I forsee the Lakers demise. Pretty Funny!!

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Juugie? You a fan of "The Man SHow"?

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Early in the season, Clutch did a statistical chart demonstrating the Rockets record with Francis's various assist levels. I'd like to see something similar only with the relationship of Yao's points, rebs & blocks to Rox wins. Like the PR Francis gets for his "one of two players who is 20-6-6" only with the Rockets record associated to Yao's stats in these three categories.

13. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

umm yea did anyone see he shot 6 for 14! thats bad real bad! especially if you are 7'5! haha but a good game, he should do better then that though, damn the rockets better win!!

14. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

That is not too bad when you were fouled five times and with a few non-called misses.

:D :D :D

15. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

In particular, that came with 13 rebounds (6 offence), 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

You can't argue 42.5% FG was a bad performance either. Maybe 3 TO was not something you always want although that might mean he had a lot of touches tonight with the passing around.

:D :D :D

16. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Tell Clutch or Keeley about it.

With so many new posts every day, I want to quickly find where my post is and not reading the old ones again and again.

Funny you are the one & only complaining about the font....

17. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Let me explain this in a way your ignorant ass can understand....

If you think anyone's buying that the blue is "just to quickly find my posts" and not a desperate attempt to stand out in a crowd you have gone from "normal" pathetic to "Jazz" pathetic

Got it now?:)

18. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

uhh maybe he just likes the blue :rolleyes:

and to be on topic... i wonder what the record is when yao gets a double double?

19. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

in one of those chinese interviews Yao said he was going to bust his ass going after rebounds because he felt responsible for letting the Bucks get a lot of second chance opportunities from offensive rebounds. so it seems that he can be a really good rebounder when he sets his mind to it.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

olliez,

Just as advice, one of the 2 themes used on this bbs is predominantly blue. On some monitors where people use this blue theme, blue on blue is umm... somewhat difficult to read.