1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, TYTY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jun 25, 2022.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

I’m surprised more aren’t talking about this addition. This dude is the starting PG we’ve been waiting for and he hasn’t even scratched the surface. Unselfish, plays at his own pace (similar to prime Harden) can’t speed him up or slow him down, not afraid of big stage and is a dog. Silky smooth jump shot, has a mid range game, can pass his butt off and will dunk on you if you don’t pay attention.

Sharing some videos to share why I’m so excited about this kid.

Had he not been injured with the ankle, there’s no doubt he’d be flirting with the lottery. Him playing well ( and given a chance) should move KPJ To our 6th man slot where he belongs.

A+ draft.

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I seriously doubt he's our starting PG this year, but I do think he locks down the backup spot. I would have been fine had we drafted him at 17. Great pick.

clos4life, Yung-T and Aruba77 like this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

it'll come down to whether his defense is good enough in the NBA and whether his 3 ball is good. he obviously has the open court handles and halfcourt driving and mid range down.....we'll see, i'm rooting for him. but hey! if he can even be a sam cassell spark plug off the bench that would be a win.

csc177 and studogg like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I view him in my head aka a Tyus Jones type.

That might be completely wrong just the feel I get …

withmustard and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A 6’3 Tyus Jones

6. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

He could’ve challenged for a top 6 pick if he hadn’t been slotted at the two to allow Kentucky to play Sahvir Wheeler, and had that ankle injury which bothered him two thirds of the season.
    The fact he kept sliding is crazy. The talk in New York was taking him at 11 if they kept the pick, and he’s got enough talent to be considered at that spot when healthy.

IMO, his talent is definitely greater than the usual value at 29, and even if he only becomes a decent bench player, it is a home run of a pick, after trading down and gaining extra draft capital. The fact that he fills a need is icing on the cake.

#6 shinjirod, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Yung-T, jcmoon, csc177 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't heard of him, but is it pronounced like i think it is?

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

TY, TYTY

Hippieloser and csc177 like this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Agreed it probably won’t be this year - but I think he will be eventually.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

Tyrone Washington. Nickname TyTy (TieTie)

Jontro likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we're being realistic, he'll probably never be a starting caliber player, but that doesn't mean he can't one day be a solid backup logging quality minutes.

12. xaos

xaos Member

TYTY appreciation thread?

csc177 likes this.
  13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Wrong….just so wrong on so many levels. This kid has the talent to be a (older version) Chris Paul type of player for our team. He absolutely can and will start in this league. Instead of spouting garbage like that why don’t you look up the history of successful starting point guards from UK in this league.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What's important is, he can go left. ;)