1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aaron_D, May 27, 2015.

1. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

The ending was terrible, but this was an immensely enjoyable team to watch night in and night out for the last seven months. Their ability to overcome adversity -- Dwight Howard injuries, 3-1 deficit against the Clippers, etc. -- was most impressive. I haven't had this much fun following a Houston sports season in a long, long time.

Also, many thanks to Clutch for this website and the service he provides to Rockets fans 24/7/365.

4 people like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a nice season, I would not call it special because I have higher expectations but it was kind of special yup....

We were good but not great enough for the Finals

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Coming into the year, no one expected this. If you include the injuries, I don't think people would even expect this team to make the playoffs. Give a lot of credit to McHale, Jarden, and the rest of the team for making it this far.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

3rd place ain't even that bad. Great season and hopefully Morey can improve the team someway. It hurts now, but this team can get better.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If this were at TheToyShop I'd be applauding them loudly as they walked off. Good run.

June '16 is The Parade!

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I'm proud of my Rockets!

... and look forward to things getting better ... :)

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

good run

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's been a great season. #2 seed in the ultra competitive west with crazy injuries, obliterating the Mavs in the 1st round, upsetting the Clippers with clutch city 2.0, making it somewhat competitive in a few close games in the conference finals to a great Warriors team. I'm happy.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I thank them as well. Nobody thought they had a prayer to be the 2 seed or make it out of the first round or make the Conference Finals. Proud of the squad.

10. GottaHaveHeart

Loving this site, Loving my Rockets, Loving my City! Great season squad

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hard to believe we made it this far with all the injuries. Wish Bev and DMo could have played in the playoffs.

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I echo this...i certainly did not think we can advance this far with Mchale but he proved me wrong.
    Go get us lawson Morey please...and trade jones for a box of peanuts while your at it , smith and dml will be more then enough

13. fattz

fattz Member

It was a wonderful ride, wow, such a great season and better play-off.

14. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

great year
    great effort
    nothing to blame

Go rockets!!!!!

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I never thought we would get out of the first round with the coach we have but I was wrong. If you told me we would make it this far with all the injuries before the year started I would be thinking coach of the year. Im proud as hell of the dudes. Our future is extremely bright. Hats of to the Warriors but I still dont like them.

16. DreamEarlNolan

Thank you Rockets for sending me to bed happy 65 times this season. I sure as heck can't say the same for my wife. :p

1 person likes this.
  17. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

These Rockets have exceeded my expectations, thanks for their great efforts. We are so close to the happy ending, the core is there to build on. Brewer is a keeper no doubt.

18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Great thread. Repped

Worst possible scenarios played out tonight and we were still within striking distance in the 4th against the deepest team in the league.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Nothing but love.

GREAT season!

20. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Great thread. Im not going to get on here and bash my team. The bottom line is that they overachieved. Plagued by significant injuries all year, missing two starters in the playoffs, they still fought hard and went to the conference finals. Great job by coach McHale, great season by Harden and great playoffs run by the entire Rockets team. That Clippers comeback was epic. Hopefully next year will be a lot healthier season for us, we can pick up a good player or two and come back even stronger.

Yes yes, Harden had a terrible game, but thats life. Lets remember that James is only 25 years old. He will mature, as will everyone else.

Thanks for a great season Rockets!! Cant wait till next year!