1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The last part of what you said is spot on, this is a terrible year for a rebuild, unfortunately that’s what they need. There’s no way this is a playoff team, even if you go all out, this year is a write off, and it only helps the Dolphins. What a **** sandwich. Crap organization though. It is what it is with these clowns.

Pringles likes this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Sir you are correct, I'm not a GM and neither are you. In fact, the Texans don't really have a GM either, just a Culture Coach in a GM costume--how appropriate for this time of year.

Good GM's won't offer much until we get closer to deadline or multiple teams become interested. If they see something that can help their team that's likely when a decent offer would come in.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We need to swindle some other franchise for picks...But the way the Texans work we might send 2023-24 1st rd picks with Watt.

***k you O’Brien!!!!!!!!!!

5. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Totally agree there are like 5 to 7 teams that would take him and within 2 years he would get a super bowl ring. If he stays with the Texans and get another serious injury his career could be over and no ring he would be the best player in the NFL history with the least amount of playoff wins S M H.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

red5rocket likes this.
  7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Been trying to think of what would be the perfect landing spot for JJ to go to and get a Super Bowl ring or at least a great chance at one- other than the usual KC Chiefs, Steelers(not happening)... I keep thinking the Packers. JJ gets to go back to play in his home state for his fav childhood team and they have no one that they love at that d-end position (unlike the Steelers with Cam and Tuitt) and of course playing on the same team as Rodgers and most importantly...having a more solid front office and leadership structure in place unlike the $hitshow with the Texans.

Go home JJ. Packers come get your Wisconsin son(but bring draft picks please. Give us a crumb of a high draft pick please).

8. gatsby

gatsby Member

Anyone notice that Watt's red hat today he wore on the sideline didn't have a Texans logo on it?!

BamBam likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

JJ Watt is as good as gone and I would personally like to thank him for everything he’s done for Houston

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Jeebus.

At least Tilman had enough common sense not to put his $2B+ franchise in the hands of someone like Easterby.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope it wasn't a MAGA hat.

Fulgore likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Texans should just pay Watt right - moral obligations to contract commitments and all that jazz right?

Watt hasnt demanded a trade - pay the man! Even if he has a crappy year and gets hurt and is a defensive liability the team has a professional responsibility to uphold!!

/s

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hope he plays for the Steelers with his brother (if that is what he wants).

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Deshauns and JJ situations are the exact same. Exactly the same. Lol

If the best player in franchise history pulled the stuff that Deshaun did/is doing after his first DPOY, he would have gotten the same treatment from me as Deshaun is getting.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

JJ is too intelligent to be a trumptard.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think he’s too intelligent to be political, period. Both sides are bunch of self serving idiots.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

you missed the /s

at least JJ ran off Obrien. If it hadn't been for his evil turn to the darks ide Obrien might still be here and everyone would be happier than a pig in mud!

Lets bash Andre next! Im guessing his comments offended you too right?

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If I’m being honest, I don’t know what /s is. I’m sorry.
    I was happy as can be with what Andre said. It was direct, to the point. Wasn’t any lingering or vagueness to it.