1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you, ex-President Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Feb 10, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Check Snopes, somebody! Check out #14. Is that true about Atta? Any factual mistakes here. Hey, I'm just trying to catch up with rimrocker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Ex President Clinton:

I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "Thank me, I voted for Clinton-Gore." So, I sat down and reflected on that, and I am sending my "Thank you" for what you have done, specifically:

1. Thank you for introducing us to Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky, Dolly Kyle Browning, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broderick. Did I leave anyone out?

2. Thank you for teaching my 8 year old twins about oral sex. I had really planned to wait until they were older to discuss it with them, but now they know more about it than I did as a senior in college.

3. Thank you for showing us that sexual harassment in the work place (especially the White House) and on the job is OK, and all you have to know is what the meaning of "is" is. It really is great to know that certain sexual acts are not sex, and one person may have sex while the other one involved does NOT have sex.

4. Thank you for reintroducing the concept of impeachment to a new generation and demonstrating that the ridiculous plot of the movie "Wag the Dog" could be plausible after all.

5. Thanks for making Jimmy Carter look competent, Gerald Ford look graceful, Richard Nixon look honest, Lyndon Johnson look truthful, and John Kennedy look moral.

6. Thank you for the 73 House and Senate witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment and 17 witnesses who have fled the country to avoid testifying about Democratic campaign fund raising.

7. Thank you, for the 19 charges, 8 convictions, and 4
    imprisonments from the Whitewater "mess" and the 55 criminal charges and 32 criminal convictions (so far) in the other "Clinton" scandals.

8. Thanks also for reducing our military by half, "gutting" much of our foreign policy, and flying all over the world on "vacations" carefully disguised as necessary trips.

9. Thank you, also, for "finding" millions of dollars--- I really didn't need it in the first place, and I can't think of a more well deserving group of recipients for my hard-earned dollars than jet fuel or all of your globe-trotting. I understand you, the family and your cronies have logged in more time aboard Air Force Onethan any other administration.

10. Now that you've left the White House, thanks for the 140 pardons of convicted felons and indicted felons-in-exile. We will love to have them rejoin society.

11. Thanks also for removing the White House silverware. I'm sure that Laura Bush didn't like the pattern anyway. Also, enjoy the housewarming gifts you've received from your "friends."

12. Thanks to you and your staff in the West Wing of the White House for vandalizing and destroying government property on the way out. I also appreciate removing all of that excess weight (China, silverware, linen, towels, ash trays, soap, pens, magnetic compass, flight manuals,> etc.) out of Air Force1. The weight savings means burning less fuel, thus less tax dollars spent on jet fuel. Thank you!

13. And finally, please ensure that Hillary enjoys the $8
    million dollar advance for her upcoming "tell-all" book and you, Bill, the $10 million advance for your memoirs. Who says crime doesn't pay!

14. The last and most important point - thank you for forcing Israel to let Mohammed Atta go free. Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners". owever, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands. The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammed Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports. Why shouldn't Americans know the real truth? What a guy!!

SINCERELY,
    A US Citizen

2. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

and thanks to current president george w. bush, we're going into two needless wars and the economy is in shambles.

im no clinton fan, but we really need to focus on whats going on right now. bush is destroying this country.

3. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Yeah, #14 is false. Go to snopes.com and type in "Atta" -- you'll find the long tale (mistaken identity). I've learned not to believe anything I get in an e-mail without further verification.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

... yeah, and another thing that bothered me about Harding... Oh wait... What year is this?

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

it takes more than 2 years in office to cripple the economy.

6. ewfd

ewfd Member

Taken from Paul Begala's "It's Still the Economy, Stupid"

One of the most amusing things to watch in Washington these days is the right-wing blowhards trying to blame President Clinton for the economy and wave of corporate crime that's been sweeping America. As these pages prove, the record is clear; President Clinton and his administration fought the Republicans from the first day to the last to prevent coporate ripoffs. And, as more than one expert has said, had Clinton's reforms been enacted, there would have been no Enron.

So, stymied by the facts, the right blames Bill Clinton's philandering for corporate America's lawlessness. As he often does, Rush Limbaugh makes the case: "Who taught us how to get around laws? A, Ronald Reagan. B, Bill Clinton. Who taught us how to have his way with words and women? Who taught us, my friends, how to lie under oath and get away with it? Who taught us that oral sex isn't sex, and now kids across the country in grade school try it out?"

Since it was on the radio, I can't promise you he got through it with a straight face. But let's pretend for the sake of arguement that Limbaugh meant it. The logic goes like this: Once Clinton became the first man in the world to cheat on his wife, the decent men of corporate america were so shake, so rocked, so scandalized that they decided to look their companies, cheat their investors and rip off their workers.

Man, that was one powerful B.J.

As Peter Beinart pointed out in the New Republic, to suggest that corporate swindlers became greedy because Clinton was amorous, you'd have to believe that Ivan Boesky and Michael Milken, who pillaged in the Age of Reagan, "lost their moral bearings, because the Gipper was a divorce' who neglected his children."

Still, foam-at-the-mouth Clinton haters argue Clinton should be responsible cause, as president, he "set the moral climate." 'It's impossible to understand Enron," The Journal pontificated, 'outside the moral climate in which it flourished.. the Clinton years, when we learned that 'everybody does it'." Okay, Beinart replies, if we're going to blame Clinton's sin for corporate criminality and all moral deviance, don't we have to give Clinton credit for everything that went right morally in America under his watch? When Bill Clinton was in the White House teen pregnancy fell 22 percent. The crime rate fell to it's lowest levels in a generation. Welfare rolls were cut by nearly half. Divorce, abortions, teen suicides, unwed pregnancies--they all fell under Clinton moral tutelage.

Clinton's private sinfulness notwithstanding, he and his administration worked tirelessly to protect us from corporate crooks, while the Republicans did everything but drive the getaway car for the bandits. Maybe that's why they want to blame it all on Clinton getting to "third base" with a young woman. I'll tell you this: if I had to choose my sinners, I'd rather my president be in bed with a young woman than with Enron.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

giddyup -
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. I believe rimrocker has started 5 lunatic left-wing fringe posts already TODAY, and it is disturbing for the hangout to be swamped with his llwf drivel and not show how the majority of this great country feels. I applaud you for standing up to the squeeky wheels who create the false impression that they are the majority.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Sigh. Ok, I'll play.

I think it was the Arkansas Project and Starr that brought these names forward.

I'm calling BS on this one. How can anyone be a senior in college and not know about BJs? Did this US citizen go to Liberty?

No harassment in the Lewinsky matter and the Willey episode is so full of holes as to be almost laughable. Even Linda Tripp's testimony suggests Willey was not harassed. No evidence of Clinton ever harassing women unless of course, we're talking about the stuff put forth by Falwell, Scaife, etc.

The GOP introduced impeachment as a political tool to drive Clinton out of office and to make up purported wrongs visited on Nixon. Every generation should be familiar with impeachment, as it is one of the basics of the Constitution. A Republican who happened to be secretary of Defense at the time stood by Clinton's decision to bomb and the fact that this has been put forth now is somewhat ironic.

The author missed "making Reagan look sentient."

I question the numbers, but not the desire of Dems to try and match the funds generated by the GOP. And by the way, some of those witnesses were not Dems, but Repubs.

None of the Whitewater convictions were related to Whitewater. Most were attempts by Starr to get folks to "turn" on Clinton. The only official charged in any Whitewater related investigation was Web Hubbell for swindling former clients and partners (including HRC) before his appointment to DOJ. I'd like to see the source of these numbers... my guess is that folks like David Hale are on it even though he testified against Clinton to try to get his unrelated convictions overturned.

No, no, and no. Just to pick one, if Clinton did decimate the military, how did we win in Afghanistan so soon after GWB was inaugerated?

I don't know what this "finding" refers to, but if the AF1 fact is true, it doesn't surprise me. 8 years in a fluid environment with a President who is engaged in the world... one would expect a decent amount of travel and it wouldn't take much to eclipse Reagan, the last 8 year President or Eisenhower, the one before that.

He screwed up on some pardons, no doubt about it.

Some gifts were excessive. I think the silverware thing is not true.

Again, not true. GOP could never substantiate any of these charges.

Ask the Enron guys.

As noted before, not true.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hey, I only started one lunatic left-wing post today and 4 total. One was unrelated to politics, another was a report about terrorists in the NW, and one was a humorous thread about naked women.

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, I will say that I appreciate any talk about naked women. So, THANKS RIMMY! :D

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The only reason that right-wingers blame Clinton for everything is because it distracts the American public from focusing on the unbelievable ineptitude of the current corporate puppet that occupies the White House. If Junior did anything good, the right wing would be able to crow about it. The fact is, he hasn't, and that's why they keep bringing up Clinton as the root cause for everything that is currently bad in the world. What sad people they are.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

<b>RocketmanTex</b>: Who is blaming Clinton for everything? The piece is just pointing out some of his follies-- most of which apparently true. Atta seemingly being the only one challenged here. BTW, these follies are truly embarassing for a man who was elected leader of this great nation.

How would you characterize your continual pot-shots at Bush? Can we take your words and replace "right-winger" with "Left-winger" and so-on and so-forth?

Criticizing Clinton's character is one thing while your hammering Bush is just political discourse. You don't like his policies. That's fine. I'm embarassed by Clinton's shenanigans. So I'm not French; I won't apologize for that.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Uh, it'd be nice to see some proof of this. rimrocker gave much more proof against the claims than the e-mail gave for them.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

George W. Bush and his administration remind me of some surreal sequel to the movie "Being There". Anyone seen it? Peter Sellers as a moronic twit locked away from reality for most of his life until through a series of accidents he rises to prominence in Washington D.C.? The last image is of Sellers' character, Mr. Gardener, walking on water without even knowing what he's doing.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just watched it this weekend, great movie.

I wish Dubya was as funny as Peter Sellers, though.

"I'd like a rchoom"

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Ohmigod I was at this convenience store and I helped this Middle Eastern family load their groceries and the Middle Eastern man whispered to me "Dont drink Coke"!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Most heavily forwarded political emails should be classified with and treated as the other classes of heavily forwarded emails: jokes or urban myths. Left-Winged or Right-Winged, its usually more b.s. than truth.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not true. Sex in the workplace falls under sexual harassment, even if consentual.

18. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

And I could take your post and flip it, by saying the "pointing out of some of Clinton's follies...most of which are true" and calling it character assasination. Which is what I've often heard people call pointing out Bush Junior's follies, most of which are true...like being arrested for DUI and dodging the draft in the Texas Air National Guard.

And to set the record straight...there were some of Clinton's policies I didn't like...especially the whole health care fiasco at the beginning of his administration. It just so happens that there are more of Junior's policies that I dislike than there were of Clinton's.

"You say potato, and I say po-tah-to...let's call the whole thing off".

Spin is spin, no matter which side it comes from. Don't you agree?

19. Timing

Timing Member

Go ahead and post your own right wing big government conservative drivel. I need a good laugh anyway.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is the strangest post. Who ever said that lefties were some sort of majority? To call rimrocker's posts "drivel" and "lunatic" is beneath you, bigtexxx, or I'd like to think.

I'll agree that rimrockers starts a great number of threads, but if anything, he posts quoted articles that are too densely and meticulously referenced, almost too carefully logical, for a BBS format! I applaud them, even the ones I disagree with, of course.