1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 17, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Be humble, stay hungry.

Greatness isn't debated, it's lived. The Rockets aren't a great team until they show it through the end result.

2. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

also adding the fact that we never had a complete team. Most of the team is finally back, albeit bev/motie.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We had Dwight, Brewer, and Josh the final 2 matchups... but, Dwight wasn't healthy.

Terrence is the guy who never played against GS. He's a better matchup than DMo guarding Draymond Green.

It won't be easy, but the Rockets have a legit shot at shocking the world

4. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Yes, we had Dwight but we didn't have playoff Dwight. We had Brewer and Smith, but they were still new to the team, and they still are but may finally be getting comfortable in the system.

Too bad we don't have the Wolverine for his defense and energy, or Dmo instead of Cap. This series would be much more easier for us. But I still think these guys can pull off the upset.

5. MissouriRocket

Houston bench came thru against clips and will shine against Us. It will go seven games. I think Houston takes it.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Who cares, if they would give us a lot of credit they would look smart all of a sudden and that would go against everything I believe ESPN and basketball / sports journalism stands for which is: deceit, amateurism, hollywood, cuban cigars, river walks, donkeys and lies.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hW4uXlRGAF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. MissouriRocket

I wore my Harden jersey and love seeing haters faces look at it.

9. MissouriRocket

Fixed

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Guy read the half the first line in the post he responded to, then stopped reading.

11. Artestsuckskobe

i forgot how those other big men had harden playing with them

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Really, people in the media are sleeping on this fact. Yes Dwight was hurt but even more so, Dwight probably plays at about 85% in the reg. season even when he's healthy. People are not realizing the post season dwight goes off for 20 and 20 any given night. It's oK, let them think the warriors will sweep us. Let them be stunned twice in a row.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It's infuriating, Jsmoove and Corey brewer going off like that in the 4th quarter, there was nothing the clippers could have done to stop that. It was just a moment where everything clicked. They didn't stop playing, they just got shut down by the Rockets defense and got raped by the barrage of 3s.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Lakers had Playoff Dwight and it wasn't what he is now or last season.
    He just wasn't full health

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I love how the script coming into the series was

- Clippers growing up before our eyes
    - Just beat the defending NBA Champs, this team is for real!
    - Clippers showing heart to overcome adversity
    - Clippers might win the title!

And now it's all about how they choked and gave away game 6, didn't put away the rockets when they could. How could the team they overcame a 3-2 deficit against the Spurs choke like that? Really, it had nothing to do with the Rockets??

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just want to say, on Sportscenter last night they did a pretty large piece on the Rockets and Houston Sports.

They even joked one time when going to break. "We'll be right back with Houston Sports Tonight."

So I guess this is how it feels to be a Boston Sports fan!

17. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

Lol remember this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clippers’ chances to win title up to 41%, acc. to BPI

Most likely Finals matchup: Clippers-Cavaliers (26% chance) <a href="http://t.co/Yaagph6NRi">pic.twitter.com/Yaagph6NRi</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/597823751456051202">May 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Nice post... because it's level-headed

The media (especially Barry) isn't the harsh people so many are claiming. There's never been a love affair nationally with Houston, but we aren't getting dissed. I didn't hear the Game 6 broadcast until 2 days later and it made all the comments about him sound silly.

Just chill and enjoy the ride :cool:

19. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

Guaranteed if we win the championship....the media will say we won cause Michael Jordan isnt playing

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

ESPN's "Basketball Power Index" is based on what exactly?

I'm assuming they are trying to fool people into thinking they have some secret formula that really is just point differential?

The Clippers had the greatest odds in their favor at that time from a statistical standpoint because of how bad the Rockets lost games in that series I'm assuming.

Analytics have their place now in basketball but when you get to this point if you are using them to predict the winners who will go all the way you really have never played or watched much basketball before in your life. Common sense at this point probably has more merit.