1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 17, 2015.

1. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I would rather remain the underdog, and be underestimated in each series. ESPN can dis our team all they want. The results are what matter.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

2 of those 6 were last year alone (SA over OKC and Miami over Brooklyn)

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Like "Rockets fans wan't to think that they took the series, but in reality, it was more of the Clippers collapsing then the Rockets winning." FUUUUUUUG that shiii. It's so ridiculously infuriating.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I would be happy if any team besides the Warriors wins the title (Obv rooting for us)

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Who is that noob? Dude was ****ting on the Rockets during that entire highlight?

6. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

If we quick playing harden iso/hero ball, then we have chance of winning.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We really didn't have a healthy Dwight in most (all?) of those Warriors games. Definitely not the Smith-Dwight x-factor either.

We will miss Beverley.

8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No, it was actually 5-1 they beat us.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

And Dwight was in the last two matchups with the Warriors. The only thing that hasn't happened in any of the four matchups though was BOTH Howard and Jones playing.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I can only imagine the amount of ESPN circle jerking would be going on right now if GS did the same thing. I can only imagine what it would bel ilike if Josh Smith would have done that for the Warriors. they wouldn't stop talking about "how he found a new home in Golden State and is playing like a star". Meanwhile our whole team struggles to get air-time. So ridiculous

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Doesn't surprise me at all - both Bruce Bowen (who despises the Rockets) and Jalen Rose picked the Mavs to beat us in the 1st round. Then Jalen picked the Clippers to beat us (although to his credit after we won Game 6, he did pick us to win Game 7). But yea I wouldn't expect anything different.

Maybe the Clippers did choke away Game 6 but considering the Rockets never trailed today, I don't see how the Clippers "choked" Game 7. The Rockets were the better team and showed more heart yet in listening to Fox Radio on the way home, all I heard was how the Clippers blew the series, blah blah blah.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Jalen Rose actually picked the Clippers to win today, Doug Collins picked the Rockets

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Not too much to add - the Houston national media bias is all true and kudos to the analyst who eventually points this out. Literally one of the only ones I have heard who has been somewhat fair is Zach Lowe and he doesn't gush about Houston but just says, they are a really good defensive team and that they are hard to watch because of all the free throw shooting(a fair point). Outside of him, the Rockets commentary has been sparse in ESPN and even sparser to complement Houston in any way.

....you know the point no one seems to mention when discussing Golden State is they had an amazing record with a mostly healthy team against one of the most injury plagued fields in recent memory. No one talks about that and I'm okay with that BUT I get this feeling if Houston does by some chance knock off golden state(I'm skeptical), then that will be the narrative for Houston's run - the asterisk if you will similar to the stupid "Houston only won a title because Jordan was out two years." Which was idiotic because Jordan played in one of those title years and didn't make it out of the East.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Would be tough to make that narrative considering we played without Dwight most of the season and are without our starting PG and PF right now. But if ESPN still did it, wouldn't surprise me.

16. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

They hate us cuz they anus!!

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

BS. Jalen rose picked clips rt b4 the game. Collins went with the home team.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Another one I heard was on Around the Horn. The younger hispanic guy I believed finally said "We didn't give them credit before this game 6 and we are not going to give them credit after winning game 6, then when are we going to give them credit."

All the other guys were taking their time to talk about the clippers.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i hope they keep picking against us. this ride is for rockets and rockets fans only!!!

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Regular season stats mean jack..

The team these Warriors will meet is not the same. At all. And it would be a huge mistake if they look past Houston. Kerr will have their boys ready to go, but expect Houston do dominate them in the paint. The blue print to beat them is there.