1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank God we got Westbrook! I’m so f---ing glad we got Westbrook!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Oct 27, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Prime Cp3 is the thing of the past unless you want to turn back the clock to 2017

Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The reason we needed Westbrook was a great example, last night. I kept saying the move would help Houston more than not.

Fantastic move by Morey.

OT: The Pels are going to have to trade a few players, which I guess will be Holiday and Ingram.

Lawlruschang and RudyTBag like this.
  3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Westbrook playing well DOES mean the trade was good, unless you’re saying the team looks bad because of WB. In which case I wholeheartedly disagree. The team looks bad mainly because Harden was atrocious and MDA’s lack of in-game adjustments. Had Harden played to 80% of his normal self, we would’ve had blowout wins.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I mean more that it's gonna be really hard to build a good defense with Westbrook and harden together

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WB is not the reason of Harden’s sleepwalking and bricking.

Our team looks bad because Harden playing like hot garbage which has nothing to do with WB.

CP3 complained his lazy walk in playoffs, then Harden traded him.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think people seem to forget that Westbrook has led his team to the NBA finals and he played great in the finals.

People also tend to forget that a Westbrook and Durant team was up 3-2 to the Warriors and close to another Finals appearance as well, before Durant jumped the ship.

So yes, Westbrook has his flaws (many of which I have talked about previously) but let's not be selective and brush aside his successes either.

This team has bigger issues than Westbrook, two of them being team 3 point shooting and defense.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly we just desperately need a 6'10 guy who can play defense and hit the open 3. League would be in trouble. Can’t say for sure, but this has been a problem for a while.

We’re still experimenting and I can’t say for sure what’s going to work out. Harden starts seasons slowly. In 10-15 games he’s going to be in elite shape and form. Westbrook will need about 10-15 games to learn when and where to pick his spots. The defense will need another 10-15 games till we can make a relevant assessment, regardless of whether you think you can predict how it will go.

Give it a tiny bit of time. If you thought this would just click in the first dozen games, you’re kind of an idiot. There’s no logical reason they shouldn’t be struggling. New core player, a couple new role players, different defensive coach, your best and most tenured player influences the game less. There must be mistakes, anticipate it.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The closest comparison to anyone else we have who hustles the entire game, and can never be called lazy is Tucker. Before that, I would go back to Beverley. Those kinds of players get my respect big time.

Lawlruschang, PeterKingX and smp like this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thread title lmfao.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

agreed; it's on Morey not Russ. i wasn't bashing Russ, so much as i was pointing out that i do not feel good about the Pels game, despite Russ' heroics.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's nobody in the league who plays as all-out as Russ for the entire game. Very few in the history of the league, for that matter. The dude is a beast.

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and smp like this.
  12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Damnit. Didn't think it would only take me 2 games to say that I'm glad we got him also. For all the crap that I said previous years that he's just all fake hustle and it just looks like he tries really hard I take it back.

If we could just combine westbrook and harden into one player, we would be golden.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I wasn't a Paul fan before he got here.
    I wasn't a Westbrook fan before he got here.
    I supported Paul and the first year was borderline great.
    I support Westbrook and think this year will be great.

He and Harden are boys. That's going to go a long way on the court and I believe they both want to win more than anything.

Go Rockets!!!!

smp likes this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is playing well, better than he has for the past two years. Lets hope it is systematic and not just statistical noise.

That stats say:
    - He is getting to the free throw line at a ridiculous rate (double his career average)
    -He is rebounding the hell out of the ball
    -His turnovers are high, but lower than his career marks
    -He has completely cut out the longest 2s from his shot profile.
    -He is hitting 40% of his 3s

Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ha. I found myself watching him take 3-pointers late in the 4th quarter and remembering all the times I said to @topfive's_gf in years past, "That's exactly what we want. He might hit one or two, but I hope he keeps taking those because he'll shoot the Thunder right out of the game."

Now I'm hoping for exactly the opposite. :D

#75 topfive, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    marky :), hakeem94, smp and 1 other person like this.
  16. smp

smp Member

No way he stays at 40% for 3. I still want him taking them though! Rather him take shots vs anyone other than Harden and maybe EG (if he’s having fun).

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Whatever "slump" Harden is going through, I'm glad Westbrook is here to help us get through it.

Lol damnit x2. As much as I gave him crap for getting the defensive rebounds from Adams in previous years, I'm actually pretty excited when he does so he can run a fast break for an easy bucket.

vlaurelio, smp and hakeem94 like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

big words from KD. someone better tell the haters

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Durant already working on 2022 summer...
    i'd still take him for the MLE he wants to be here