1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabee & Henry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TEXNIFICENT, Jul 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Looking at Memphis's cheapskate owner's unwilllingness to pay 1st round pick Xavier Henry, I was wondering if a swap could be possible. Maybe,

Memphis Gets:
    Jordan Hill
    David Andersen
    Jermaine Taylor
    Cash Considerations

Houston Gets:
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Xavier Henry

This gets us a backup center with some potential and a damn good wing propsect. It'll also clear the logjam somewhat we have at the 4. For Memphis, all these guys are under contract and will provide some good competition for the players they already have. Just a thought.

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

dude, too late. Morey already tweeted (twat?) that that deal is already done. /sarcasm

3. redao

redao Member

future 2nd round pick, TE and Cash for Thabeet and Henry.

seriously, pipe dream.

4. Htown's2kFinest

I don't think they'll trade Hasheem so early. I think he'll have another year there at the least unless a team gives them something they can't pass on and I don't think your package is that.

5. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Unfortunately for this coming year we are all in for a title push. Hence the reason we are after experienced back up C's... If we can't get one then we'll probably stay pat and develop Jordan Hill at the 5...

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We are talking about the guy & owner who traded Pau Gasol for basically financial issues & turned around and paid similiar money to Zach Randolph!

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man thats crazy.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hasheem Thabeet is crap. Jordan Hill is better than him and I don't think that much about Hassan. Larry Sanders went head to head most the game and embarrassed him.

Xavier Henry can't beat out Martin. He probably won't beat out Budinger.

Still I would do it because we get back more tradeable value. Memphin won't do it.

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

We should ask for the rights of Malick Badiane as well! Great trade idea!!!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No harm just an reasonable idea for a decent center prospect and a good swingman. Yeah I know you're probably one of these Kyle Lowry for Chris Paul guys or one of the ones that called in sick when Bosh went to Miami. Thabeet at least has potential at 7'3, Badiane never did anything at any point.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would be all for getting Thabeet.

He isn't the greatest Center prospect on the planet, but he's got potential to be an excellent defensive center. He really, really needs to work on his offensive game, though.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'd prefer Marc Gasol, but Thabeet would be a good "co-center" to assist Yao Ming during his advanced rehabilitation. The Griz would never give up both Thabeet and Xavier Henry -- too much of a bargain (talent and upside vs salary).

I'd give up the trade exception, our 2012 #1 pick and 2-Pat for Gasol or the trade exception, our 2012 #1 and Jermaine Taylor for either Thabeet or Henry.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Look I'm not saying Thabeet is all world (Should've never been taken at #2 Overall) and for the record I like Larry Sanders, but I he has his warts also. He's very inconsistent (even in his small conference) and is going to have problems holding his spot inside at 220lbs. He has talent but he's a 4 period. We need a 5.

Larry Sanders 22pts 9rebs 2Blks vs. Thabeet 12pts 8rebs 3blks

I’d say Sanders won the battle, but Thabeet did show can protect the rim.

As for as Henry, There is no shame in not being better than Martin and how you can say Budinger's better when the man hasn't has a chance to play is anyone's guess.

14. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

sounds good to me!!!! but we have to include ariza in the deal

15. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Where do you get that Memphis is not gonna pay Henry? There's a rookie scale they knew how much they would have to pay when they drafted him, if they didn't want to pay up they would have just traded the pick.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not in summer league over contract dispute.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Could a trade like this actually happen?

18. worzel gummidge

http://twitter.com/Sports56WHBQ/status/18682149004
    Teams are allowed to give out contracts ranging from 80% to 120% of the rookie scale. In nearly all cases teams opt to pay 120% of the rookie scale.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Memphis passes on Henry, are teams allowed to sign him?

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Eh don't lie, you're just as a fan of the novelty idea of twin (massive) towers with Yao and Hasheen now and then if this were true.