1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas vs Oklahoma St

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Oct 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damn, not looking good so far. UT is down 28-9 with a few minutes left in the first half. Hopefully they can pull another 2nd half comeback out of their ass like last year.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm pissed that they're not going to cover the 38.5 spread. Of course they're going to win, though.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Yeah, it's not looking good at the moment... I'm sure they'll still win, but Mac needs to get pissed.

4. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

Great game by OSU, but I'll be thunderstruck if UT doesn't come back and win this one.

On a related Big 12 football note, A&M has got to have one of the worst pass defenses in the history of football. It is absolutely pitiful. An intra-squad scrimmage would be more challenging for Tech (and UT, for that matter) when they play the Ags.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Penalties are killing UT right now... another touchdown called back.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

LOL. Can you say OVERRATED!!!???!?!? Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap...

...and you guys were talking about National Championship? I don't care what happens the second half of this game, UT has been exposed right here. Ok State is a horrible football team. Simply horrible.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how is it that our badass offensive line is apparently holding all game long but no one else's offensive line ever commits this penalty against us? it seems a bit strange.

outside of that, i'm about to vomit at the way UT is playing. runs getting stuffed, ramonce dropping passes right in his hand, the defense letting every run to the outside go for huge yards, vince playing like crap. and then on top of that we turn it over twice at the 15 (we never turn it over downfield for some reason) and then the refs step right in with a holding when we score a td.

and the cherry on top, we have a near interception and it deflects right to them for a one handed touchdown grab. that was almost exactly like last year and this whole game has been like last year. but this is on the road and we didn't get the momentum right before half. all the people super confident that UT will still pull it out must know something i don't b/c we have no rhythm or fire at all. i pray the defense steps up and we stop turning it over and somehow escape with a win. the fact we aren't up about 35-0 is embarrassing. the fact we're losing by 16 is a disgrace and someone needs to be fired if we lose.

we were favored from 37 to 38.5 points. i'm pretty sure this would be the biggest upset relative to the spread in history, or at least modern history (like the last 40 years).

this is just unbelievable.

8. bigtexxx

Colorado SHUT OUT Oklahoma State in Stoolwater. How has the "vaunted" Gene Chizik defense already allowed 28 points in the first half??!??? Hell, even the Aggies held Ok State to 23 points. UT couldn't even do that in one half. Tech's struggles in Waco today and Ohio State's difficulty at Minnesota might have shown that UT really hasn't beaten anybody that tough all year...

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You know Tech beat the spread by 2 touchdowns, right? Well, anything to make your UT-hate point ;)

10. bigtexxx

Yes but that game was much closer than the score indicated.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The Longhorns will prevail. Count on it.

12. Major

Major Member

I know Rice's lack of football success may limit your knowledge of football, but a game is 4 quarters, and oddly, each quarter counts the same.

By your standard of looking at just one half, every team in America has been "exposed". USC was down more than UT at halftime against what's been proven to be a pretty crappy ASU team too.

Texas does have a lot of work to do at this point. But if they win, they win. It'll hurt them in the polls, certainly. So we'll see how that affects the race.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

HOW BOUT THOSE RICE OWLS????

that's right.... now shut up.

your schtick got old 2 years ago.

14. LonghornFan

Can I get an Amen!?

15. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

originally posted by LonghornFan
    TEEEEEEXAAAAAS

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Yeah, because if your team sucks your opinions on college football are discredited. :confused:

Gotta love these longhorn circle jerks. :p

17. LonghornFan

FIIIIIGHT!

18. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Oh god, here comes the toothless cougars.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That would be a funny sight, gumming on a bird or something. Where's my denture-cream?

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'm not watching the game but Yahoo Boxscore says Vince has 245 yards rushing :eek:

Whats the record for a QB? It cant be to much more than that