1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas vs. Duke (College Basketball)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by junglerules, Dec 8, 2005.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We need reddick on the rocks. I haven't seen a pure shooter like that in a long time.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

This is the first time I've seen Texas -- why is everyone so high on Aldridge? He hasn't impressed me at all thus far.

3. coma

coma Contributing Member

Game over.

Say goodbye to those stupid ass black uniforms.

4. junglerules

junglerules Member

If there were some guards who could get him the ball, he might do something more impressive. However, on defensive, he is jumping around like a fool....The Duke team has been able to get him up in the air like crazy the entire game....He's had some impressive games, but so far, this isn't one of them.

5. RocketsFAN3035

I've not been able to watch at all today, but I'm hoping someone at home is tivo-ing this for me so after finals I can watch.

I'm really surprised by this. Either Coach K has them SSOOO prepared for this game and after the Va. Tech game, everyone decided that they were out to prove something.

I don't think Texas is a bad team. But something is clearly wrong here. NO reason this game should be like it is, not one. Then again, its December, and it only matters what happens in April.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Brutally disappointing to just be outplayed this badly.
    The UT offensive approach was baffling.

Reddick is a basketball god..and yes just the kind of shooter Yao needs to pass out of the double team to. (not that Tmac isn't)

In this game he is the most 'money' I've seen since Pete Maravich.

( I guess that's longer than most of you have been alive :eek: )

7. coma

coma Contributing Member

This loss is completely on Barnes.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. LongTimeFan

When Redick gets on he's fun to watch. A lot like McCants used to be when he got in the zone.

9. RocketsFAN3035

Funny story about McCants and his zone. My brother is a big Kentucky fan, and a few years ago (maybe it was last year already), UNC vs. UK played. UK won, but McCants played terrible. We came up with a new term: McCants Syndrome. Whenever a player who is probablly the best player on either team decideds that for whatever reason, he is going to play with his head up his butt.....that is McCants syndrome. Then again, I'm a Duke fan, and I can't stand him....but I did respect Sean May and Ray Felton, they'd at least play hard. That idiot McCants, you never knew what to expect from. One night he could utterly destroy you. The next, you wouldn't even know if he was on the court or on the bench.

10. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

damn, i lost my money.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow! Talk about an ass whooping! :eek:

I thought this was going to be a close game.

12. LongTimeFan

I think was more true in his earlier years then last year. McCants went from being selfish, shot happy to working himself in the offense, and keeping other teammates happy. He grew a lot as a player under Roy.

13. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

woulda been a close one, but redick dropped 41 on they ass

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Check out my keys to the game:
    1. Stop Reddick: 41 points, 9-3 pointers
    2. Limit Turnovers: Not sure how many we had, but there were a lot.

I think it just shows how much of a difference there is between #1 and #2. Duke is so efficient on both ends of the court and Coach K had his ball club running on all cylinders. We need to keep Tucker down low, there is no point keeping him out on the perimeter.

Like the commentators were saying, I think this Texas team is going to learn a lot from this game.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well so much for being #2.

oh well, no representing the state of texas I guess.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Well, I was hoping to watch a good game today. That was nothing more than a 30+ point clowning. Coach K is an unbelievable defensive coach. The difference between Duke's defense and that of Texas was night and day.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we have alot of work to do. we do have superior athletes, we just need smarter play. lets see how they are in march. being #2 is too much pressure this early for a basketball team. its not football so you dont have to go undefeated.

jj redick will be just like all the other overrated duke shooters in the nba.

danny ferry
    christian laetner
    trajon landon
    bobby hurley
    mike dunleavy jr
    shane battier

...ROLE PLAYERS

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Duke just humiliated Texas in front of millions on national television.

Texas simply doesn't belong in Duke's class on the court. UT is more of a 10-20 ranked team, if that...

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

What you saw was a player that (for reasons that I find totally baffling) no one played a lick of defense on. They allowed him to get comfortable and he stayed there.

I was at the Regionals last year at the Erwin Center and Michigan State's Maurice Ager ate Redick's lunch and threw the leftovers in his face. Tom Izzo's not the smartest guy around but MSU basically never left Redick...I half-way expected a Michigan St player to follow Redick into the Duke huddle during timeouts.

I surely hope the Rox don't waste a pick on him. He's the next in a large number of Krzyzewski's system players who won't impact the pros significantly.

20. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^^
    i wouldn't say that.

rick barnes always gets teams back on track after losses. they will play better defense and take better care of the ball as the season goes along. it is a long season and even though texas got stomped, they get better from this game. they are still final 4 caliber team. their biggest weakness right now is guard play at both ends of the floor. gibson and paulino have to take much better care of the ball and play better perimeter d.

they'll get better and come the end of the season they will be right there in the hunt of a final 4 and possible national championship.