1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech v. texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well he might not be in Lubbock, but at least one person thought your charlatan team was going to win (and apparently win big) and that was the thread starter.

2. Manny Ramirez

Well, lookie here - what do we have? I basically called this game about a week ago. Looks like I am the second coming of Nostradamus. Why am I so awesome?

Oh and it looks like I will be starting a suggestion thread for Fatty's new sig pretty soon.

3. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Great win for Texas!! I just wish the margin was larger.

4. micah1j

micah1j Member

Oh :eek: - How did you know? :cool:

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Winning the game outright is one thing, but I think Texas Tech supporters had to have expected a better performance than this. The Red Raiders *were* ranked 10th, afterall. This is a Joe Pesci style beatdown. Do you think if Mike Leach were on the other sideline he would have called off the dogs like Mack Brown has? I bet this is one of the few times that other college football fans in Texas fans are happy with the Longhorns killing somebody.

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

WOW. u should start gambling...

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I think that when they know the game is over, the band should stop playing the Texas fightin' team song. I think Tech should do the same, anyway, when the game is over. Just to stop taunting, anyway... :( just to be cool...

8. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

Actually, the Rose Bowl is in LA, not San Diego.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I didn't read the entire thread, but maybe he was implying that it seems that the horns always played in the Holiday Bowl.

If he wasnt joking about that, i'll just pretend i didnt read the last couple of posts.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I thought it was in Pasadena? :confused:

11. nycrocket

Yeah, I was implying if you're gonna call a bowl the UT Bowl, it should be the Rose Bowl not the Holiday.

12. nycrocket

Same thing.

13. Manny Ramirez

Who really cares about what bowl the Red Raiders are going to (whether it is the UT bowl or whatever); I don't see them going to the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, or Fiesta Bowl any time soon.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

why should they have expected a better performance? tech is a JOKE.... THEY ARE NOT GOOD. if they were, they wouldn't have lost by 5 TOUCHDOWNS. pertty ironic that when #7 tech plays their first real competition of the season (7 games in mind you), they get obliterated... even my school would look like a powerhouse if we were playing Div. III schools all year long.

i hope all the r****ded tech fans shut up ftom now on.

15. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Oklahoma is in a life and death struggle with Baylor this is pretty funny

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Anytime we lose to a team like yours, it would have to be because we were way underestimating y'all. Not in the same league. See you basketball season, though your team isn't in the same league there either. Maybe baseball? Academics? Twirling? You guys and atm should join conference usa, you may win a conference title in something sometime then.

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

hey tech fans...

texas isn't quite like indiana state, or sam houston state, or florida international. you want to prove your a top 10 team at least make a game respectable with another top 10 team, prove you belong before you start talking crap.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I was at the game today. First game I've been to all year. Man, that was an total asskicking! And I expected an actual game from Tech. Oh well. Lesson learned.

BTW, Fatty doesn't just have his foot in his mouth; the whole damn leg is stuffed in there now.

19. haven

haven Member

Biggest joke of the game: Dwayne Slay.

We had to hear about that screwball all week. All the terrible plays on his last name. Newsflash: he's got a few highlight rule hits...but just looked terrible out there. Slow and out of position. I bet he's still gassed from chasing Billy Pittman up and down the field.

The guy built his reputation on a few big hits. But you can't hit what you can't catch...

20. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

damn! good call!