1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech v. texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bet on this-there will be a major brawl in a Tech game in the near future. Someone's finally going to get pissed that the QB who has thrown for nearly 600 yards is still in the game while his team is up 52-20 and throw a cheap shot.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[​IMG]

Leach is a pretty good coach and even better actor. has time to play in a lot of tv movies. His brother is an actor also, but he doesn't coach football.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Leach is the man :)

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

As a UT fan, I don't really have a problem with Leach. But like most of ya'll have already said, leaving in your starters when you're up by 30 is just plain dumb, no coach can justify that.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Being a huge UT fan and a Sam Houston State alumni, my prediction is that UT destroys TT. Not because I truly have no respect for the school, the TT team, or the city of Lubbock. It's because UT is simply a much better team on paper and on the field. TT doesn't have a chance in hell to win this game.

UT 52
    TT 28 (most of which is scored in garbage time)

GO HORNS!
    GO BEARKATS!

6. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

Leach is probably using this to help recruit some more top tier qbs and wide outs for the following seasons. I'm sure what he's doing is to help make Texas Tech a perennial option for top recruits which in the long run will make them a major force.

7. padgett316

padgett316 Contributing Member

One for the Ages

As a fan of big time college football I can not help feeling unfulfilled after suffering through the doldrums of Texas wins against no name teams like Michigan, Ohio State and Oklahoma. The pillow fight that was USC v. Notre Dame and the unexpected success of upstarts with no tradition like Alabama and Penn State have left much to be desired from the young season. I found myself wishing for a match-up between the Longhorns and one of the truly elite teams in college football. That match-up is now less than a week away. When the Texas Tech Red raiders bring their 6-0 record and #7 BCS ranking into Darrell K. Royal Memorial stadium this Saturday, the eyes of Texas and the nation will turn to Austin.

This Tech team should not be taken lightly. Over the last three weeks Leach’s boys have stolen small town west Texas headlines from powerhouses like Mike Price’s UTEP Miners by issuing beat downs over not only both vaunted Kansas schools but also a retooled Nebraska team that was clearly hitting on all cylinders. Even more impressive is the fact that the Red Raiders’ dominance could not be contained to division 1-A. They also boast lop-sided victories over division 1-AA powerhouses like Florida International, Sam Houston State, and Indiana State. The team’s confidence is growing exponentially with each win, but can they handle all this success? I submit that the can. After hanging 80 points on a stingy Kat defense from SHSU, Tech fifth year senior QB Cody Hodges showed his poise and maturity by predicting that his team would hang 100 points on Indiana State. This confidence and swagger even in the face stiff competition shows what Tech is made off. Never mind the fact that they only managed 63 points. When Mike Leach was asked if the UT game could but Tech on the map he said, “If you say so. I don't worry about maps, and I don't worry about whether we're on it. I go out there and watch films and watch practices and make corrections. Then I go out and have more practices so I can have more film to watch.” If that kind of fiery rhetoric doesn’t get you going, rewatching that Tech bell ringer clip surely will.

Texas Tech University is not just about academics anymore. The school is building on a short but proud tradition of athletic success. The glory days of tortilla tossing, killing black stallions, coach Spike Dykes (and the Tech girls softball team that shared the same nickname), Cheryl Swoops, and red-haired bizaro Ricky Williams are all gone but not forgotten. The 1970s astro turf is still the same, but a new cast of stars are leading Tech into the future. Cody Hodges is yet another QB who is the greatest in NCAA history (that’s 9 in a row I believe). WR Joel Filateme is blowing by defenders and sucking up all balls thrown his way. There are even rumors that Tech’s defense has improved from the decades of misfits who to a man were too small, too slow, and too stupid to make the flagship university’s practice squad. They have even added a JUCO saftey named Slay that is neither small nor slow.

When you see those red Ts on the black, moist looking helmets and those all too familiar red uniforms that are identical to at least one bad high school team in every district in the state, you know you are in for a fight. Hopefully ABC will do a halftime feature on how all that glitter gets from the hair and make-up of all those classy Lubbock ladies to those storied sparkly helmets. Forget UT’s 30 point win in the stadium that strikes fear in the heart of every Aggy. You can throw the records out when the ‘horns and the guns go up in anticipation of the opening kickoff on what promises be a crisp fall afternoon. You can not, however, get a pizza delivered or get an oil change on this side the Sabine river while this Red Raider team is on the field. That’s just how big this one is.

Last seen at Horn Fans (allegedly published in a Dallas newspaper)

8. Fatty FatBastard

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have to admit; that is pretty funny.

We'll see how well we respond to ut. I think y'all are in for a surprise.

9. haven

haven Member

Tech is 1-9 against UT and OU.

The only year Tech has ever beaten UT under Leach, Texas had so many injuries in the secondary that it couldn't rotate. At all. our best two DBs were out. We were missing an LB and a DL as well. We were playing more freshman than I thought possible by the end of that game. We also had Bull Reese as our offensive coordinator. And Tech won by less than a TD.

Two years ago, Vince Young was a freshman. Half the player he is today. He struggled badly in a lot of games that year. And Texas still won.

Tech fans are hyping Slay like he's the second coming. You know what? There's not a single person outside of Lubbock that think he could hold Michael Huff's jock strap. Huff is elite. A top 20 NFL draft pick. Slay is an interesting prospect who hits hard. And he's their best defensive player. Huff? He's got to compete with Wright, Okam, Robison, Harris, and Cedric Griffin for that honor.

Tech got waxed at home last year. The game wasn't a competition. This year, the teams are substantially similar. Except Vince can now throw as well as run. Tech's D is slightly improved. Most Tech fans think their receivers are better (and they are). Big whoop. Texas' receivers are much better as well.

The bottom line is this: only 2 players for Tech, max, would start for Texas. Those are Filani and Hicks.

People like to talk about how great Tech's scheme is. Yet it's never beaten an elite defense at full strength. Not once. Why will that change tomorrow?

Don't talk smack. Tell me why things are different.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Exactly. I guess we will lose, after all. ;)

11. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I love a good defensive battle.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so youre saying it'll be a 50+ point win for UT rather than 30???

you're right! i am quite surprised!

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Man, this one is getting out of hand even with a couple of Vince Young interceptions. The Red Raiders need to stick with the directional schools...

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

tT sucking it up as usual.

Texas meet b****es.

b****es meet Texas.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damn, Tech looked a lot better when they were beating up on high school teams.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Back to life... back to reality.... for TT.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Fatty is going to **** a brick when he watches this beatdown.

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Vince raping them without the courtesy of a reach around.

19. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

This game turned out to be a joke, not even close.

Reality Tech.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Not a big deal. Tech should win out and make the UT bowl down in San Diego.

Nobody in Lubbock expected Tech to win. We know what we have up here at Tech which is a good football team not a great one. Nobody is back to reality because nobody expected to win outside the players and a few blind students.