1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech v. texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 16, 2005.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Of course he did. He wants to beat another top 10 team.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The ultimate irony of this is that the year Mack finally schedules a big game out of conference is the year he could actually get burned by strength of schedule.

I have had only two complaints about Brown during his time at Texas, playing Simms to early and his out of conference schedule. I thought it was weak and it hurt them going into Dallas every season because the team was never tested.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well you hadn't said anything after I gave you the 10 points, so just wanted to make sure you still have the confidence in your team. :p

I can't wait to do a "Suggestions for Fatty's New Sig" thread as soon as the game is over! :cool:

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

texas 52
    tech 17

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Tech: 65
    Texas: 57

6. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Texas-8
    tech-6

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

University of Texas: 21
    Texas Tech: 10

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

In all honestly 1 thing will determine if the game is competitive. Can Tech give Hodges time when UT rushs only 4? If the answer is definetively yes, Tech will make a game of it, maybe even win, with both teams scoring well over 30. Now if Hodges get consistent pressure from the base defense and it disrupts the whole offense with Texas secondary being able to keep two safeties free to roam, Tech will get wiped.

Based not on Tech's often good games against Texas teams over the last 5 years, but based on their inability to run their offense against OU's powerhouse defenses for the most part of the last 5 years, I don't think they will move the ball consistently saturday either. This Texas team is more like those OU teams in talent and trench play than those Texas teams they went up and down the field on.

I'll say 40-20. But I wouldn't mind if Texas puts a 60 or 70 spot on Tech, as Tech and Leach (seeing to be a real prick) seems to enjoy doing when they happen to outclass their Division III non-scholarship type opponents.

9. Major

Major Member

Anyone know if Jamaal Charles will be healthy?

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There's no official word, but I'm pretty sure he'll be ready, might not start, but he'll get some pt.

11. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

This was an article in the Daily Texan today-

Running back attack

Texas coach Mack Brown would not comment on running back Jamaal Charles' left ankle injury, as coaches will not divulge medical information early in the week. Charles ran for just eight yards on three carries and was taken out of the game, when Brown saw that he could not make a sharp cut on his tender ankle.

Running back Selvin Young started and ran for 43 yards on 19 carries against Colorado, but Brown said Young was vital in pass protection.

Should Charles not be ready to play, Young will be the starter with Ramonce Taylor taking reps at running back in addition to freshman backup Henry Melton.

Texas relied on its running game last year against Tech to eat up the clock and keep the high-powered Tech offense off the field. Cedric Benson ran for 168 yards and Young another 158 as the Longhorns held the ball for 39 minutes en route to the 51-21 victory in Lubbock.

12. Manny Ramirez

Boy, you ain't kidding, Scar, about Leach being a prick. I think it was 2 years ago or maybe it was last season, but Tech was playing someone (actually a decent team :eek: :p ) and losing going into the half. The sideline reporter caught up with Leach and asked him a somewhat stupid question. But name me a good question that these sideline reporters ask at those moments - anyway, Leach just looked at the sideline reporter and gave some smartass remark like "Did you not watch the first half?" I don't think the reporter said anything as they were stunned (I think it was a woman but can't remember) by Leach's response. He then mumbled something more acceptable and ran off to the dressing room.

13. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Manny, what are you gonna be listening to while the Horns thrash the Dead Raiders? ;)

14. Manny Ramirez

I'll have to flip a coin between progressive rock and Bob Dylan. :D

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If being rude to a sideline reporter = being a prick then there are a lot of pricks coaching college football.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

mike leach is awesome. he's got all sorts of quotes out there that are quite funny (many about the aggies) and in general is just a funny guy. his "don't give a crap" attitude along with the whole drunk persona makes him even better. and i don't have a problem with running up the score at this point. that's what they do, it is what it is.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Indeed. Some of quotes are absolutely hilarious.

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Perceptive.

Texas was scoring too quickly so they 'practiced' the ball control approach during last week's game...I was thinking at the time prob specifically in prep for Tech. I can't see Tech stopping UT's offense in the first qtr, I really can't see them stopping them in the 4th when the running game has pounded them all day.

On offense Tech will score but not consistently nor quickly like they have with weaker teams.

UT by 21+

W/o Charles, Texas by 14.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Yeah, leaving your starters in 4th quarter when you are up by 40+ not only is classless, but stupid. Agitating frustrated opponents is a good way to get one of your key guys injured.

Trying to score a late touchdown (Hawaii game maybe?) when you have the game won by kneeling is stupid too. (Joe Pisarchic play sp?)

Dude seems to care more about being an ass than his starters health or respect for other college coaches and non-professional athletes.

No offense to Tech, I respected the way they play just fine in the Zach Thomas period, but I wouldn't mind if Texas put a 60 spot on them based on how I have seen them act in the Leach period.

Now he could be a funny guy, maybe he should an accouncer or something if that is his trademark.

20. Manny Ramirez

I'll take someone who has class over someone who is "funny" but in an ******* way, any day.