1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech v. texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

and the Florida Internationals and Sam Houston States as well. :D

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I don't agree with the 'gimmick offense' moniker, but if you're going to remove the impact of interceptions, you should take away Tech's first touchdown also, knocking them back down to 17 points.

3. Major

Major Member

Fair enough. I think a lot of people forget that Tech outgained in yardage. They just made a few critically stupid plays here and there. Against a team like Texas, you have to play perfectly.

Tech's problem (besides defense) is that they have a new QB every year. If they could start anyone and give him 2 or 3 years' experience in that system, it would cut down on the bad decisions and that could put them on the national stage. As someone said earlier, the Tech offense is just an aggressive variation of the spread offense - someone will be open on just about every play. It's just a matter of having a smart QB that can find that guy on a consistent basis. If they had the talent of Florida or other teams that run that kind of system, they'd be incredible.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Did we win?

I fell asleep after the game was 7-3.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Don't do that...Do you know who you sound like?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't know if this has been posted yet, or if it deserves its own thread, but Texas has moved ahead of USC to number 1 in the BCS.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

:cool: The voters and the computers finally got it right.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

i've been waiting for this day for...

my entire freakin' life!

...no pressure...

9. Manny Ramirez

Considering how many Texas fans are on this site, I say it is worth its own thread. Now, go and run, EddieWasSnubbed, and start this thread before anyone else does!

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

ESPN'S Link

Southern California and Texas are in control at the top of the Bowl Championship Series standings for the second straight week. However, their positions are reversed.

The Longhorns are ranked No. 2 in the USA Today and Harris Interactive polls and are ranked No. 1 in all five computer polls except Sagarin. Texas took over the top spot in the standings Monday, with a BCS grade of .9763. The second-place Trojans, who last week had a BCS grade of .9923, were not far behind at .9756.

Rounding out the top 10 are Virginia Tech (.9164), Georgia (.8679), Alabama (.8513), UCLA (.7384), Miami (.7114), LSU (.7065), Penn State (.6450) and Florida State (.5735).

11. Manny Ramirez

Thanks for the idea for the new thread, EWS! :p