1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech tries to run it up against SMU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

I am a Tech Alumni supporter, a huge fan of Tech sports, and hope that Tech athletics excels in every endeavor.

That being said, I HATE Mike Leach. Personally I would rather have a good ole boy like Spike Dykes running the show than an arrogant, white trash, gimmick offensive game plan running, piece of garbage that Mike Leach is. Sure we have gained national prominence from our record setting QB's throwing 100 times a game and racking up TD's, but our record with Dykes was just as respectable, and at least we had a good running game that made the games more balanced.

Its depresssing to end up 7-4 and going to the bullsh!t.com bowl every year.

We have digressed IMHO with Leach...... "Lets go for it on 4th and 28 from our own 20 yard line." - Im embarassed....

Bring me someone who can turn the program into a real contender..... a 10-1 or 9-2 record would be nice for starters.....

Sorry..... I needed to rant.....

2. Fatty FatBastard

Eh, I found it really funny, but I'm a Tech Alum.

I got no problem with what he did. I also found it amusing that the Tech kicker missed a field goal and an extra point, so Leach said "screw it" and went for it on every 4th down, thereafter.

3. vj23k

vj23k Member

Don't you get more BCS points for winning by 21 than you do for winning by 14? Or is that one of the factors they took out of the equation? I know winning by 21 and 35 are the same, but are winning by 14 and 21?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Exactly, the polls are back to blowing out opponents. We've come full circle. You've got to blow out your opponents once again.

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

They took that stuff out of the equation.

6. Preston27

Preston27 Member

I think they increased the polls' influence, which would make blowout wins more important.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Which of course is meaningless if the only reason you make the news is for running up the score on a team with the second longest losing streak in D-1A.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought that game was at Riverfront. I remember it being one of those ugly depressing overcast days in Ohio. Very depressing game for Oiler fans.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Call me crazy but I really don't think Tech should be concerned about getting BCS points. They don't usually give BCS berths to teams with 5 or 6 losses.

Leach is just a Spurrier/Stoops wanna-be. I know Tech alumni that feel the same way Drewdog feels about him and the program in general.