1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Republicans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Mar 21, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

annoy liberals with logical and well reasoned counterarguments. Fixed it for you.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Very convincing argument? How does one "try to sound smart"? I'm literally typing my thoughts.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Texas is ranked 44th in vaccination... California, btw, is 34th. New York 33rd.

States 1-10: ND, MA, NM, WI, RI, IA, NJ, MN, ME, UT.

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: March 25
    https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...entage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. SuraGotMadHops

I painted nothing. Despite repeated attempts to get it through your thick skull, I said rating a state's success on vaccine administration by looking at percentage vaccinated does not say very much considering its a voluntary vaccine. I examine data, where you just read it and regurgitate without thinking.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So when you said....."TX is by far, FAR, better than any other state in handling and distributing the Covid vaccine. Great Republican leadership that rings the bell of logic time and time again. Consider yourselves blessed." it was just your opinion. I get it. It's not based on any data comparing us to other states.

Rileydog and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

Everybody wants to run to numbers that can be skewed every which way. I have personal knowledge and am of high information. You are one of only a handful of idiots that thinks TX is behind or doing a poor job relatively in vaccine administration, all based on your unique experience that your mom somehow bungled her second dose.

8. fchowd0311

No for him it's based on objective data that yes can have different confounding factors but at least it's based on objective data. Your opinion is based on your personal anecdote and delusions of grandeur that you are of "high information" without examining how but rather repeating that you are of high information.

9. SuraGotMadHops

Enough said.

10. fchowd0311

So you still are confused. Objective data with confounding factors is still better than your anecdote and your claim of "high information" without explains how you have "high information".

11. SuraGotMadHops

It means your data is crap.

12. fchowd0311

Like I said there are only three possibilities with the data.

Either states like Texas has a disproportionate population that has been brainwashed by right wing rhetoric to never trust the government, states like Texas due to their "government bad" regardless of context mantra have issues organizing and distributing things in massive scale because they gimped the government, or s combination of both. Those are the confounding factors at play.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What information do you have about how effective any of the other states have been in delivering the COVID vaccine?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Pointless debating with someone that argues against simple to understand and clear facts from an reliable source. He knows it, as do the rest of us.

quikkag and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

What a stupid thing to say. How can it be right wing brainwash rhetoric when it was a republican President that launched operation warp speed and brought us the vaccine? Houston in particular has some of the best vaccine hubs that are giving out vaccines like candy. Issues organizing and distributing??? GTFO, you're a complete idiot.

16. SuraGotMadHops

Not one thing reliable has been presented by any of you. Yall really need to learn how to think. You see numbers but don't ask questions, or dive deeper, or think critically, that's why you're all sheeple.

17. NewRoxFan

His criteria, (1) "do they have a republican governor" and (2) did they argue against scientific and medical experts?

18. SuraGotMadHops

Bahahahah I find it so pathetic that yall are so anti GOP you can actually argue with a straight face that TX is somehow failing at vaccine distribution. I know yall all love to hug each other's liberal nuts all day long in the D&D and I will continue to lean on all of you by presenting smart, reasonable perspectives.

19. NewRoxFan

Lets see... "thinking critically" means disagree with medical and scientific experts like the CDC and Becker's Hospital Review (who sourced the CDC) and agree with someone who uses the word "sheeple".

20. SuraGotMadHops

Bahahahahaha CDC!!!!! Oh man please continue.