1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Republicans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Mar 21, 2021.

1. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

no, tesla is in travis county. it is much closer to austin than bastrop. they are on the edge of where it starts turning red

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

3. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Makes sense. Since it's a manufacturing facility, a large portion of the Tesla employees are likely blue collar that can't afford Austin real estate. You can get a better house and school for your money living on the outskirts.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sort of, prices are up all over - Bastrop, Kyle, Buda......just crazy expensive, our avg price is like $625.....my house is well north of a million now.......ridiculous....

I want to sell and move but it makes no sense until we can get a decent spot...

DD

Tomstro likes this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

House prices in those places have more than doubled in the last 6 years. I own a house in one of those towns.

#285 Tomstro, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show how they see Trump in an altered reality at the Texas GOP convention. Mr. Bone Spurs would hide in the trenches eating a Big Mac while watching his troops die before coming to their aid and fighting with them.

#286 deb4rockets, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is not a government any Texan should be proud of. It puts a stain on Texas to have a bunch of liars and bigots running our state. I hate that we are run by a party of horrible human beings who incite hate towards others.

AleksandarN, TheJuice and ROCKSS like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I try (as best I can) not to judge people and focus on criticizing their actions or tenets of a position. The leadership is a reflection of the people, and the people supporting these guys are not necessarily awful people. After interacting with many of them over the years, I've come to realize they aren't horrible human beings. But they are definitely misguided.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't judge Republican voters as a whole. It's the hate groups at their rallies I don't like. It's the GOP politicians who feel like they are the ones to judge and decide how honest working law abiding citizens choose to live their lives that I don't like. I don't like seeing our governor or any other politician sitting and hanging with Proud Boys or racists, and certainly don't think they should be speaking at hate group or White Nationalist rallies.

The GOP party doesn't accept diversity. They spread hate towards homosexuals by calling them abnormal or pedophiles, even though most children are molested or raped by a straight family member. It's disgusting. If you vote for anyone in the Texas Republican Party then you are accepting that type government, even if you aren't like them.

#290 deb4rockets, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Texas Republican Convention calls Biden win illegitimate

HOUSTON — Meeting at their first in-person convention since 2018, Texas Republicans on Saturday acted on a raft of resolutions and proposed platform changes to move their party even further to the right. They approved measures declaring that President Joe Biden “was not legitimately elected” and rebuking Sen. John Cornyn for taking part in bipartisan gun talks. They also voted on a platform that declares homosexuality “an abnormal lifestyle choice” and calls for Texas schoolchildren “to learn about the humanity of the preborn child.”

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

trump and his goons made it ok to make fun of anyone who doesn't look or act like them, from there the politicians such as cruz and meadows saw that the base eats this up so they pander to it.......at least someone like Crenshaw (who I despise) will stand up to the extremists like MGT. I thought after 1/6 when the gop came out and said that what happened was a travesty only to to do a 180 days later after they realized the base was ok with it.......play to your audience, you hate "X", well then they hate "X".........the base has allowed their biased and racism be shown under a light and there ok with it, so there politicians need to have the same mindset and spew the same BS. I can only hope there are enough in the gop with some backbone that will stand up but after what we have seen I would not count on it. The gop will take the midterms and then I have a feeling we are screwed in 2024 when the red will load up and start passing some crazy legislation and try and make it where they will never lose power...........I have a bad feeling about it. The Dems HAVE to have someone to take over the party, someone willing to go toe to toe with these maniacs, you have to fight fire with fire and I dont know who that is. If we put Biden out there again in 2 years I dont think it will end well, my gosh, the guys done enough, let him retire and find a new face for the Dems, but I fear that's to late.

Reeko, deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. MexAmercnMoose

they have so much anger lol

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is an absolute embarrassment to the state. F***ing morans.

[​IMG]

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Bullies with secret service protection. Sickening. Of course Trump and his coked up son made fun of Biden for falling off that bike. Can you even imagine Trump being able to ride a bicycle 10 feet? I can't see him doing much of anything that requires balance or stamina. If he tried jogging a mile he'd probably have a stroke or heart attack.

He swings a golf club and acts like it's a big deal. LMAO.

17. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

IIRC Trump doesn't "believe in exercise". He's really such a fascinating mind

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the clowning of a 80 y/o man for falling on his bike is weird to me…the majority of America wishes they could even attempt to do any real physical activity at that age

Jogging a mile? If he jogged from 1 end of Burger King to the other, they’d have to put him in a medically induced coma

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Its very strange to me...it feels a lot of it is like a child's understanding of insults. They just take what liberals said about Trump and replace it with Biden. It reminds me of when my little sister would say "I wasn't born yet" if I asked about something.

There's a lot of legit grips and good comedy material about Biden.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep, so true. It really all started with Trump. His constant claims of Biden having dementia and stuff during the Presidential race was only the beginning of the nasty sick stuff he and his party could come up with to try and make Trump look better.

Funny thing is that Biden could beat him in any type of quiz on any subject, whether it's a history or geography quiz, a science test, or a spelling, reading, or vocabulary test. Trump's knowledge is in real estate and tax loopholes.

There is no doubt he would kick his ass in any type of physical fitness test, balance and agility test, or endurance test. It would be fun to watch. The only contest I could see Trump winning is eating the most burgers in an hour, or maybe golf since he owns golf courses.

#300 deb4rockets, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Reeko likes this.