1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Longhorns Can Win the Final 4

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by glynch, Aug 28, 2009.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not counting Baylor out at all. Playing good ball right now.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that was a fun game to watch. all the ut's away games will be since the fans wll be so into it.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This Texas A&M-Texas game has been exciting since the start of the 2nd half.... Texas A&M had the lead all throughout until the first basket in OT by Texas... Davis just fouled out for A&M after he got a technical.

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

he didn't get the technical, the Refs bailed out the number 1 team in the country. They took out our best player, the guy who's been punishing the horns the whole game.

This is why I freaking hate Texas, this is why. Because it's never a fair game against them. The zebras refuse to let them lose. BJ Holmes had his eye poked out by James on that last play, the announcer called it "a great block"

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Don't be sad.

6. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

As an aggie, don't be a sore loser. Davis was being stupid. And Davis is definitely not "our best player".

We played a good game and should have won but in the end we lost.

1 person likes this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Good to see a class Aggie. Pointforward could learn a thing or two from you. Probably not, as he whines about anything and everything Texas, but there is hope.

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Tough game for us Aggies and we lost yet another one due to poor FT shooting. 55% just isn't going to get it done on the road against a good team like Texas.

I hate to say it, but Texas is not going to win the Final 4 if they don't improve the FT shooting either.

This Aggie team is good enough to make a run against a great team like Texas, but I think it may be a long year for us because we are relying so heavily on a few guys that seem to have up and down games.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

We lost this game for the same reason that we lost to K-State.

We are a team that heavily relies on outside shooting. During non-conference, we shot 34% as a team from behind the arc.

In Big XII play, we have shot roughly 12% from behind the arc.

If we would have knocked down our 3s like we have done prior to this slump, we would have won.

We didn't, and we lost.

They came back from a deficit early to beat us. It happens. This will be a down year for A&M, but our new recruits will give us what we lack...an inside game.

10. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

The thing about free throws is this. We (aggies) are a bad free throw shooting team!

It can't be a crutch or surprising. We can't say if we make our free throws we win. We don't make our free throws because we aren't good at shooting them. It wasn't a fluke that we missed so many.

11. ItsMyFault

Quit crying you sore loser. :rolleyes:

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I <3 Avery Bradley ;)

that was a fun game to watch... if I were an Aggie fan I would have been more concerned with the lack of a foul call in the last seconds of regulation that they called a "steal".

Texas is looking good though... tough week coming up for yall.

13. ItsMyFault

Texas plays KSU tonight and then UConn on Saturday.... tough thing is both games are away games... Big test coming up. I see them going 1-1... don't know where the win will come, I'm hoping it's at KSU.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Tonight is going to be the toughest game by far to this point of the season. Sold out and the fans will be riled. KSU plays a very physical game. Dexter Pittman will likely not play much due to foul trouble. The Horns will win this game easily if they hit free throws.

15. LonghornFan

Which means a win won't come easily as we're the worst free throw shooting team in the BIG 12. I just wanna win this one since it's a conference game so if we lose to UConn it won't hurt as much.

16. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

That'll be pretty koo cuz I used to go 2 skoo w/1 of their players
    Gary Johnson #1

17. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

this webite is suppost to be nba relatated.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

LOL!

<Linda Richman>The post was neither capitalized correctly nor spelt correctly nor was the content was accurate. Discuss.</Linda Richman>

19. LonghornFan

You're in the college section, genius. You know, college...something you desperately need. You might look into some English courses pronto!

20. LonghornFan

Some really, really bad officiating right now and just poor play by the Horns. Way too many inside baskets, dumb shots and zero offensive rebounding. Not to forget these awful turnovers. :mad: