1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Longhorns Can Win the Final 4

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by glynch, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

This entire Texas squad is a problem. I mean, you have a beast everywhere, either developing or already beasting. J'Covan, Pittman, Damion James, Hamilton, Bradley,.. My god those are all beasts in the making!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is a very good basketball team. Should make for a very interesting March.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They are awesome, I wonder how Rick Barnes will keep them all happy with minutes.

DD

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This Avery Bradley kid is mad legit..

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

can you give us any reasoning other than that you're an aggie? after saturday's game against unc, you'd be downright stupid to think this team doesn't have a chance at winning it all.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I wanted him to be a Wildcat pretty badly ;)

Texas will have to get through my UK Wildcats, but they look pretty gosh darn good right now.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

James Thomas> Dexter Pitman

Dexter Pitman is fat. Just plain fat. Too fat to run, too fat to jump and too fat to play basketball outside of the collegiate level. He needs to pull a Udonis Haslem and lose weight or this will be his final season of basketball.

8. Blackmamba13

Blackmamba13 Member

I played with him in high school in port arthur. he's a flat out great shooter but his D was a little iffy.Its still great to see him play though. :)

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Are we still in 2006?

You do know he has lost an incredible amount of weight right? (And if you don't, then it is obvious you've never watched a game of Texas basketball, because it is mentioned a million times per telecast.) He is only at 13% body fat (down from 42% when he got to UT) , and he said he won't stop losing weight until he looks like Dwight Howard. Now I don't think that will ever happen, but he has obviously shown an incredible work ethic, and I don't doubt he will be NBA ready when his time comes.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What Pittman has done is amazing and he should be commended. I'm not sure if he has much of a future in the NBA but it's good to see a person take control of their life and overcome a major problem.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

To be fair, his input was back in August. lol

12. updawg

updawg Member

Damn this team is fun to watch

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Fun, but it's too early for my heart to beat this fast. The past two games have been intense!

That alley oop was a thing of BEAUTY!

14. duwende

duwende Member

Who knew Balbay could dunk, and he did it twice.

Great games. Texas beat the defending National Champion, and its runner up. The Kansas game in February is going to be really exciting.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This is a final four team, no doubt. Cannot WAIT for the Kansas game on our own court this year. Barnes is turning into the Mac Brown of recruiting young kids way out of state to Texas for basketball. He's turning kids into pro's, and they're seeing this and finally wanting to come here instead of the Duke's and North Carolina's every year.

What's Coach Barnes contract? How long is he locked up for in his current deal?

16. junglerules

junglerules Member

He has crazy good hops. It was neat to hear Jay Bilas call him the best defensive guard he's seen on the radio earlier tonight.

This team could be scary good. But my god, I hope the FT shooting doesn't prove to be their ultimate demise come March.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The physicality of this team is impressive. We just physically wear opponents down.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

they had just as much talent in august as they do now

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Actually they had more. Varez Ward wasn't hurt in August.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

True... ah what the hell.. I cannot defend an Aggie.... that's against my moral codes.