1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas judge Caught on Tape Abusing Child

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Nov 1, 2011.

1. sew

sew Member

this thread is eye opening.

we got some scumbags on the bbs.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

3. percicles

percicles Member

pizzas were ordered to his home

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Agreed. but the poster said he never laid a hand on her and that's how a "real man" does it. I'm assuming that meant she never got a spanking. I don't think a man is any less of a man for spanking his daughter. I'm sure there are tons of examples of kids turning out fine and bad in both cases (getting spanked and not getting spanked). I'm not saying kick your kids down the stairs or anything but do I think a normal spanking is bad? Nope.

#85 Icehouse, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This guy is making Texans look bad.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Moo hoo haha

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is making humans look bad. I seriously did not expect this reaction. I figured the judge's actions were so extreme we'd maybe get one or two of the usual douchebags excusing it, but not multiple, "That's not so bad." posts. When did beating your 16 year old daughter all over her body with a leather belt while screaming "Bend over the ****ing bed." become an acceptable form of child discipline?

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

that's mean to the pizza establishment and delivery guy.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I actually thought this thread would be full of "do it like people in Iran, eye for an eye" but way harsher, with people demanding that the guy will be spanked by nail bats and ish. You know the obligatory "humans are so sad, the world is full of azzholes" etc.

This really is sad.

11. leroy

leroy Member

Completely agree (another cookie for you...but no rep because I have to spread it around).

12. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

there's more kids who are suffering from this kind of abuse....

13. joesr

joesr Member

So how do you punish your teen? i hate how posters say people are crappy and end it with that. Put up a suggestion of how to make it better and if you were to say dont punish your kids your a freaking moron.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Sorry but I disagree. How many serious talks do you have with your children after they do it again and again? Boys especially. We will keep doing something trying to not get caught the next time. So seriously what do you do after the talks? Because you have 18 years to deal with this. You talk each time? You know what that tells me? Your talks are ****less. Seriously.

Personal experience, when i got spanked i waited a while before doing it again. When i got whooped I waited a longer time before attempting it again, when I got serious talked to, I laugh as i did it again the next day. And I can tell you i am not the only person , as a child with this personality.

and how do you know your friends didnt get whooped with a belt? I never told a soul I got whooped until I was out of the house hold and it became a common joke.

Now I made a vow to never treat my kids the way my father did me and so far i have kept that vow but your serious talks have no effects. But what happens when teens come around? Serious talks? lol.

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I wonder what would have happened if he found out she ****ed a black guy?

16. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I believe (domestic) corporal punishment works for some people. Although this video is way beyond the line and quite disturbing, I experienced multiple disciplinary sessions by my mother and father.

These would involve moderate slaps, pinch on the wrists, and a belt if I messed up really bad. From the time I was about 4, I never stepped out of line meaning not throwing a tantrum in public, calling my parents derogatory terms, cursing in front of them, talking back to them, etc. By the time I was in junior high, there was no need for punishment. My parents only had to look at me a certain way or I stopped myself.

To the best of my knowledge, I and most of my Asian friends (South, East, and West) experienced domestic corporal punishment and we grew up to become "good"/"successful" adults.

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Fixed.

Learn how to talk to them.

The "Don't do it because I'm your parent and I said so" is for dumb asses who can't actually teach their kids morals.

Talking > Hitting.....but only if you're not a dumb ass.

1 person likes this.
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

LOL, so everyone who believes in some form of corporal punishment is a dumb arse?

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think there is a line here that some of you don't seem to be seeing.

There are those who use corporal punishment as an effective behavioral disciplinary tool, and there are those who cannot bring themselves to do it and find other methods. I would usually never tell another parent how to raise their child, but in this case, what this judge is doing is completely out of line.

1.) A teenager is a developing adult who is dealing with the pressure of life and feelings they've never had to deal with before. It is an extremely confusing and sensitive time and to be subjected to that kind of treatment can lead to a lot of permanent emotional scarring.

2.) To physically discipline a child with that kind of rage at that age in my mind is wrong. They are old enough to understand right and wrong, and certainly there could have been other ways to illustrate consequences for wrong actions (ground them to their room, take the cell phone away for a month, cut off internet access, restrict TV, etc).

Some children are more obedient and will get the message quickly. Some children will rebel every step of the way, and will have to touch the fire to learn that it will cause them harm.

There is a line here that was crossed. What this judge did did not look like it was out of love, it looked like he was taking out aggression on his children.

Now if somebody wants to rationalize that for me, go ahead... I'm all ears.