1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas judge Caught on Tape Abusing Child

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

**** that piece of ****!

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Brightside

The punishment doesn't seem too excessive. Children sometimes need proper discipline to guide them to the correct path and judgement. Growing up, I was beaten far worse than this. I would get hit on the head by a wooden/metal rod sometimes.

3. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Yea, I think the line is drawn at intention and approach. A lot of old school people believe when some lines are crossed in lying or stealing/cheating, then slapping or this sort of thing is ok only if you are doing it to truly punish and you dont think they learned on oppose to you just getting anger out. He crossed the line here with his language, cursing, and belittling mainly

4. Garner

Garner Member

A video of that would be equally disturbing. Just because you experience something similar does not mean it is acceptable.

Nothing about that was proper, guided discipline.

3 people like this.
  5. percicles

percicles Member

In white America the males do the disciplining?

In mi casa my mom did all the ass whoppings and pimp slaps. She perfected the boomerang shoe throw around 96'.

In synthesis, this man is a vagina.

6. g1184

g1184 Member

In no circumstance should it ever be OK to wield a weapon against a child.

2 people like this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I sincerely hope that those defending and minimizing this criminal behavior are not the primary caregiver for any children now or in the future. Truly sad.

If you don't see it as excessive because of some punishment you received, please seek counseling.

1 person likes this.
  8. firecat

firecat Member

"I got beat worse when I was a kid and I turned out okay..."

Not a good justification. Do some research and look at the data. This is not an acceptable way to treat a child.

1 person likes this.
  9. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Maybe I am just missing something, but my dad "whooped" me around and nothing in my childhood ever looked like that. I cannot believe all the "the beating wasn't excessive" bullsh!t I'm reading. His dominant persistence, demanding tyrannical authority over both girls, the unnecessary continued hitting all over the body, the swearing at and in front of her, threatening to beat her worse, telling her she doesn't belong in their house.... My god. If that's not abuse tell me what constitutes crossing the line.

Maybe I am too young, and will see it differently when I have kids, but my Dad scared the **** out of my, instilled the 'Fear of God' and developed a vocal conscience in the back of my mind without ever using his belt, striking me with his hands, or anything. He would grab me by the back of the neck showing me he was the alpha male and drag me into another room, only subduing my resistance, and using his words to explain why what I did was wrong.

Even talking to your daughter that tone, notwithstanding what he says to her, is abusive. Disgusting. Props to the daughter for fighting back, and in a smart and effective way.

10. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I got spanked but not with a belt with a paddle. I plan on doing that to my child they are growing up. But nothing like this, the cursing, threatening to hit her in the face...
    this guy is a dick. I stopped watching around 3 mins...

11. Obito

Obito Member

No one in this thread has defended the act, the judge is obviously in the wrong and you can get a sense of malice in his emotions throughout the video. People are simply stating that in comparison to other acts of abuse they've experienced, it's not as heinous. Don't be so quick to get on the defense.

12. Uprising

Uprising Member

The OP's post makes it seem like it's old news. Wife has divorced him. etc.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Member

Thruth! My mom beat the crap out of me with anything she could get her hands on. I can honestly say I deserved the punishment for some of the things I did.

Single mom and three boys she put the fear of god in us. Worst one I ever got was with the window blind turn rod. Hispanic moms don't play.

But.......It did seem the guy was overly anxious to get the belt and the punishment did not fit the crime at all. He sounded like he was enjoying it.

14. likestohypeguy

That was hard to watch.

Spanking's okay, but I'm not a fan of all the yelling & cursing. That, along with comments like "Give me the belt, I didn't get my lick in yet", make it seem like he's just taking his anger (about computers) out on her than it was any legitimate attempt to modify her behavior. Also "You turn over, like a 16 year old, & take it- like a grown woman. TAKE IT!" were statements her mom made.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FSVvBsSddXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh based on what I saw this whole thing is being over done. I am not saying that the Judge is not a monster, he may be, but that video only showed me that the girl was disciplined... very one sided.

Ehh whatever, I have seen far worse.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

I cannot believe people are defending this. I was spanked with a belt growing up. It looked nothing like this. What you see in that video is straight up physical and mental abuse, not child discipline. That judge needs to have his ass severely kicked. And all the people in this thread making excuses for what he did need to have their heads examined.

17. RV6

RV6 Member

Don't like it or agree with it, but the girl sure did calm down quickly after he was done. That was kind of odd to me. you'd think she'd be more distant from them and hurt, but she was good to go after it.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There's a spanking

and there's batshet insanity

THE JUDGE HAS serious mental illness and should be send to jail and be analed daily by the brothers

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I'd like to know what kind belt he was using? Leather?

20. aghast

aghast Member

Are people seriously complaining about a parent's choice of discipline? I took beatings like this as a kid, and I turned out just fine, thanks. That belt helped teach me right from wrong.

(And now when I've been bad, I only have to pay Mistress a few hundred extra bucks, and she'll use the belt. I'm always so thankful -- you know, once she takes the gag out.)

Yep. No lifelong emotional scarring for me. No adverse repercussions, whatsoever.