1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas High School Football Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by weslinder, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

ugh, this sucks. first time in 10 years katy isn't playing in december. laporte's defense came legit last saturday, but i put the blame for the loss squarely on coach joseph's shoulders. why in the world would you take a huge wind in the 3rd quarter. i knew when katy didn't score in the 3rd that the game was over.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe they were afraid they'd have to evacuate because of the high winds?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

zing.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Easy buddy, Coach Joseph has been very successful, I admire the way Katy handles its business. You can't win it EVERY year, but Katy is about as good as it gets when it comes to winning consistently. Coach Joseph & the Tigers will be back.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

trust me, i know. i was born and raised in katy and my sisters remember when coach joseph was just a newbie assistant coach teaching them u.s. history. what he, along with coach johnston before him, has been able to do with that program is nothing short of phenomenal.

that said, you don't take a huge wind in the third quarter of a 7-6 game. if you don't score, and katy didn't, you're screwed. laporte had the wind in the 4th which helped with their successful fg and katy was unable to throw the ball at the end of the game because the passes were all dying in the wind. it was a brain fart by coach joseph, even if those are very few and far between.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hightower's complete domination of Pearland was a sight to behold. They really beat the snot out of them. Both of Pearland's TDs came on completely fluky long plays (a tipped pass and recovering & advancing their own fumble). On defense, they had no answer for Bralon Addison.

I expected Pearland to win.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Trey Williams is a bad dude.

Good luck to Hightower, DeKaney, and (although they probably don't consider themselves Greater Houston) Port Arthur Memorial. All games will be on Saturday, the 10th.

Hightower has San Antonio Madison, who beat Harlingen 42-27 in the Division 1 bracket. They play at 4 PM in the Alamodome.

The winner will play Southlake Carroll or Dallas Skyline, who will face off at SMU at 4.

In Division 2, DeKaney will be facing Mansfield Timberview, who trounced Abilene 32-6. The game will be at 2 PM in Round Rock.

PAM will match up with the defending champions in Division 2, Cibolo Steele. They meet at Reliant at 4 PM.

8. ABforPresident

Told you guys...

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I missed the the last quarter of the Hightower game because we were invited somewhere. Nice season for them but no championship. What I was able to watch reminded me of their loss to Allen a few years ago where it seemed like coaching & creativity were the difference in the game. Even with Bralon Addison at QB, their offense is too predictable.

10. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

So it's going to be Spring Dekaney vs. Southlake Carroll for the Undisputed 5-A State Championship, is that right? Maybe put that game on New Year's or any weekend on January.