1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas GOP and Voter Suppression

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MystikArkitect, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Turnout is 2020 was super. Only bigots think that people who live out in the country cant figure out how to cast a vote. Dont underestimate people.

2. HardenVolumeOne

Im not gonna get into this with you, because i dont wanna lose my account on here. Im excited about the draft coming up.

I dont know how clutch or the mods run things here, but their is no such thing as free-speech in this country anymore, when you question what the media tells through the tv or online. I lost my twitter account just for thinking and doing analytical research on my own. Big Tech and the leftist media wants you to think one way, and if you devert from that way of thinking they will have you erased online. Sad

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Because FOX, OAN, and Newsmax don't have their own agendas of amassing a brainwashed cult that believes everything they transmit. Gotcha!

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're better off

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

do fox, oann, newsmaxx or any other right-wing news outlets ban you for expressing your opinion even tho it may differ from theirs. I’d rather be on side where I don’t feel like im in communist china

6. Major

Major Member

Mail-in voting doesn't allow either of these things. But hey, facts don't matter so who cares, right?

Andre0087, DaDakota and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Actually, most Democratic elected officials don't think minority voters should have to "find workarounds" to exercise their right to vote. All the justifications you use are the same used to justify Jim Crow laws. Think about that for a second.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I believe the social media groups you support do in fact ban opposing viewpoints. This would also include pro-Donald Trump reddit groups and Parler when Parler was a thing. I don't think you're genuine though to be honest so I don't know why I'm bothering with a serious reply.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right news outlets don't have to ban anyone - they simply choose not to bring on progressive (or factual for that matter) viewpoints, which is their right. Nor do they broadcast the viewpoints of progressives - they simply bring on right wing talking heads that create progressive straw-men which they then proceed to "debate."

Nobody's opinion is getting banned by the government, which makes your communist China comment absurd. There are multiple forums (newspapers, website, message boards, and other social media) available to broadcast conservative ideas. However, because most conservative ideas are factually wrong, morally repugnant, and overall irrational, many social media hosts are less likely to want to tarnish their sites with such nonsense. This is the reality of the market of ideas. You claiming that conservative ideas have been "banned" from social media is like me (a mid 40s guy with poor athleticism) claiming I've been "banned" from playing in the NBA. The reality is that just as the NBA has no use for someone who would make a mockery of their product (a well-played basketball game), Twitter has no use for someone who clogs their site with nonsense (assuming your tweets were as well considered and accurate as the garbage you've shared here).

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why were they upset in the 1st place if they could pass it?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They have the right to be deceptive, manipulative and deceiptful?
    Got ya

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

ny post...

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

well that is a really really really big ask.

And you’re gonna be disappointed.

15. Major

Major Member

It's just the House members that left so it can pass the Senate, but its stuck in the House.

The problem is that unless Dems are willing to stay out of state through at least September, I'm not sure how this ends well for them. The Governor can keep calling the legislature back in special sessions until it passes. Except that he vetoed the legislature's funding starting sometime in September, so I don't know what happens if we get that far. Dems could argue the governor dismantled the legislature so there's nothing to return to...

Edit: I guess the other possibility is they get Manchin and Sinema's attention and figure out a filibuster workaround. They are spending this week meeting with those people, so who knows what comes of that.

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I thought since the NYP was crowing about it, that meant it was law.

Should have known better.

My bad.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This one run on sentence is perhaps the single most load of crap ever posted on this BBS.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. They were/are quick to ban.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Having to show ID is common sense. Anyone claiming otherwise is a racist bigot who thinks minorities cannot figure out how to get an ID. Digusting bigotry on display by many officials... the texas rules are there to make it easier to watch the polls for cheaters too. Why fear being watched more? Why fear more oversight? We all know dems destroy and change ballots in addition to other games. This was clear in 2020. No reason to panick if there are no game afoot. The dems KNOW they will lose if they cannot cheat. So they are crying to daddy alzheimers. Using the federal authorities to bully a state issue too... not a good idea. So everytime a minority party has DC they can flee and go push overriding legislation? Guess what? States have oversight over their elections. NOT DC. These idiots will have to charter back to texas and suck it up and vote no. That is their option. This is a publicity stunt.

Soo shameful too to compare it to JIm Crow. People have no respect for the actual suffering people had when they make hyperbolicand inaccurate comparisons.

#219 dachuda86, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have no problem with requiring voter ID. We all had to register to vote so at the very least one's voter registration card should be required. If they dont have a photo ID (and plenty of people don't) then a utility bill or something of the sort could be used in conjunction.

But this part of your comment is strictly a load of crap. No evidence of either side engaging in wide scale fraud.

We all know dems destroy and change ballots in addition to other games. This was clear in 2020.