1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas college student helps African conservation and wildlife; ignorant liberals are furious with he

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jul 4, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If aliens are your kind of thing...

[​IMG]

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I was kidding, of course. I'm 46- I wouldn't attach the verb "bang" to anything I do these days...

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, if you do get a crack at her, be sure to de-feather her arrows first! ;-)-

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's like going to a SE Asian country, spending tens of thousands of dollars to have sex with a 10 year old claiming it the money helps the children get food and education.

I'm cool with hunting, but don't try to justify it with dumb ass excuses. It just makes you look out of touch.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is just classic far right idiots trying to speak for all non liberals, and in turn making us all look bad.

I've hunted, I'm fine with other people hunting, anybody who who eats a whopper can't complain about hunting. But this is just killing for no other reason than to say you killed it. Just because you paid for the right to kill it doesn't make it morally acceptable. If you were such a supporter of conservation you would just donate the money without the killing.

This is just a spoiled b**ch who probably didn't actually do any hunting, she merely pulled the trigger. I don't know many people who would have anything positive to say about this.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This girl is a borderline psychopath...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who the **** kills an elephant, rino, etc.. and hugs their big cat kill?

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whoa. What species is that?

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

breh, a man can keep going hard well into late 70s...

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

no pun intended, just noticed that lol

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The sociopathic elephant killing kind. Probably used the reflection of that forehead to blind the animals tbh...

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Meh she looks like an Asian Kyle Korver...

I have done my fair share of big game hunting. She takes it farther than I do. Having said that, she has done more for big game conservation than 99% of the population. In some parts of Africa, the only thing keeping exotic animals viable is the income from rich (mostly white) people paying huge sums to hunt. In some cases the cost can be $50,000-$100,000 and a lot of that is used to protect the environment for the animals and from poachers.

Seems counter intuitive, but it is true. Would she do it even if it didn't help the animals survival? I don't know.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good point.

Personally couldn't bring myself to do such a thing though.

But I'll go fishing (hypocrite).

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

That does seem counter-intuitive, but I'm guessing they only let people like her hunt the old/sickly ones, the ones that are about to die off anyway, right? That would make more sense, you get to hunt a wild animal, pay an enormous sum, and the animal was going to die soon anyway.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's basically right, rich people pay for the right to kill things, no actual hunting either. Everything is teed up nicely for them

Ultimately the money does help, so factually they are correct in saying they help conservation efforts, but they could donate the money without killing if helping conservation was their actual intention.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As usual, the title of the article is overpowered by the OP's words of resentment.

Post the article without your sad narrative.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pretty much this
    I mean seriously .. . .was she ever in any 'real danger'?
    I doubt it

Rocket River

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

I don't see the problem.

19. val_modus

val_modus Member

Love the title! Makes for some solid ground to nurture thought provoking and rational discussion!!

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. This could have been an interesting thread without the crap addition by the OP, who clearly not only couldn't help himself, but probably posted this just so he could make a pathetic attempt to slam "ignorant liberals." Bizarre, since most of the liberals I know, many gun owners (like yours truly), don't have a problem with hunting, as long as it isn't a joke hunt where the critter being killed has no chance whatsoever, essentially being parked somewhere so that the "hunter" can take her/his time and make the kill without danger.