1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas BBQ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2010.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i just want to go on the record as saying that goode co. bbq sucks

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I wish Jonesgoodassbarbeque&footmassage was located in Austin

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPkMUU9tUqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WPkMUU9tUqk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You didn't get the joke? "It's not his fault" was too subtle, I guess. Hey, I like Rudy's, although the BBQ sauce is a bit too hot for my taste. Their brisket can be very good, as can their ribs. I eat there frequently, because it's not too far from where I live. I love how they give you all that bread. The creamed corn is terrific, first class. The sodas are in bottles. I love soda in bottles! RC Cola in a bottle for the win! I don't drink it any other way. :cool:

(am I forgiven?)

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's why they have their original sause and their "sissy sause" as they call it. Frankly, I think they both suck. :) Anybody that makes a sauce spicier simply by dumping a pound of black pepper into it has given up. I've only had BBQ from Rudy's from up here in Dallas. It's hit or miss. The ribs at their best were pretty good. The brisket at its best was pretty good. But the problem was it's hardly ever consistent.

They have a BBQ joint up here in Dallas that's all-you-can-eat for $12. That's just wrong. That place is a heart attack waiting to happen. lol.

1 person likes this.
  5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Eh... you caught me in the heat of the moment... was dealing with a damn math problem that was aggravating... didn't really take it as a joke but I got ya... I just love their sauce though.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Here is a man who gets subtlety. You just said what I was trying to say in my post without being too negative about it.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No problem. I know folks who absolutely rave about their sauce. You are not alone. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm trying to be descriptive here.

maybe I should say that Yao Ming looks like a person.

9. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

10. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Its not that bad... just overpriced.

11. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Best BBQ in Houston..

Burns in Acres Homes

Thelma's 3rd Ward..

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Harris County BBQ.

Best BBQ in Houston.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

OK and my point is saying Angus is about as descriptive as saying the basketball player wore Nike shoes. It tells us nothing about the meat with respect to eating it.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Anybody watch this series on TLC? It's a "reality show" about BBQ competitions with some recurring contestants. I watched a few episodes this past season and thought it was pretty interesting :

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/bbq-pitmasters/

15. Bandwagoner

I saw it and it was over drama like most of the shows but it was pretty cool.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, after a few times, it became kind of repetitious, but the characters cracked me up. Especially Myron. That is one cranky human being.

This thread just reminds me I need to take a BBQ tour down to the Austin area. I've never been to the Texas BBQ Holy Land. I'm sad to say the best BBQ I've had to-date has probably been in Oklahoma. That needs to change.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My hometown pride... New Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ in Huntsville.

[​IMG]

The three meat platter...

[​IMG]

And this is what a server at a real BBQ joint should look like...

[​IMG]

18. kikimama

kikimama Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef#USDA_beef_grades
    According to wiki: The terms Angus Beef or Black Angus Beef are loosely and commonly misused and/or confused with CAB (certified angus beef). So you are correct. Unless it's CAB, it's probably not the " quality angus". Might as well say they use "juicy, tender red meat". But this is BBQ, a piece of dung can be tasty if you BBQ it right.

19. Bandwagoner

I am not trying to get in a wikipedia battle here I know you were just curious and looked it up. My point is that angus is a marketing gimmick.

I could have something called certified crossbred and make say only USDA Prime cuts from crossbred cows qualify. The fact they are crossbred or angus or Longhorn matters much less than the USDA Prime does. Anyways rant over, sorry tinman. I just cut down your threads a few days ago and here you are with a good one.

20. Bandwagoner

Is it sad that I am lusting over the firebox more than the food? Not sure why the door to it is open though, must not vent well.