1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Buck Turgidson

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I wouldn't want to be out there watching a 3-7 team in the 30s and rain either... Brutal weather today. On top of that, they were playing another terrible team.

jiggyfly and Ziggy like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Oh I know, it's the annual SEC vs Little Sisters of the Poor, Directional College, and FCS Bye Week, and the weather is indeed nasty.

The real question is: will there be more fans at the Texans game tomorrow?

Ziggy and Uprising like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy Thanksgiving :) [​IMG]

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Gj aggy for beating LSU. But wtf is up with the Horns down when not playing UT? It's like aggys whole existence is based on being UT's little brother.

6. Buck Turgidson

I've seen schools that are not in the BigXII do it when not playing UT. Very weird to me.

Great game, Aggies!

Oh and speaking of...the Sand Aggies and Land Thieves are playing a hell of a fun game on FS1

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

When you least expect it the Aggies play a very very good game. Jimbo should have been playing Weigman at QB from the beginning of the season. He’s clearly the best QB on the roster, and I think he will be great going forward.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They won easy because they had nothing to lose and talent on the field. Such a weird year in CS.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fall guy. I hope JimBob turns it over to whoever the new hire is.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gimmie a candidate lineup. Don't say Baby Briles. Oh lawdt.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL how many people did you see doing this, I bet you can count them on 1 hand, yet you had to come into this thread and post about it.

Who is displaying little brother tendencies?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

A lot of that was due to injuries, I am more worried about the defense who gave up too many chunk plays.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't think Jimbo is going to go with a new age guy, he is too conservative of an offensive guy.

Ziggy likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Bruh, it's on your own forums and plenty of mentions during the LSU A&M reddit game thread.
    https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3345448/1

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Answer the question of how many people did you see, and why do you care so much that you had to comment on it in this thread?

You act like it was the majority of the fans.

Nobody looks at UT as big brother in football anymore with that record of futility.

I guess you got to find your happiness somewhere.

Edit.

So I did not know they had made it a 15 yard penalty for doing that sign?

WTF? I see why they keep doing it, LOL.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So it seems everybody hates UT.

Admitted Red Raider fan here, but I have probably given A&M more money than most of you than you choose to recognize given that my daughter will have her Vet degree in a few short months from A&M. I admittedly grew up hating the Aggies, because I grew up in a household that cheered for Texas.

I learned to hate the Longhorns in my years at Tech (along with the Aggies) while at Tech, so ban me, ignore me, discount me, or whatever - I truly don't care. This is a discussion about the "Horn's Down" that I happen to love now.

I have seen the Horn's Down displayed at numourous games where UT isn't even playing, and have learned that the universal hate for UT cannot be denied. The fact that the B12 has ruled the Horn's Down as a penalty for opposing fan bases is ludicrous. I hope they never win more than 2 games a year in the SEC.

This hand sign seems to show up across the country with teams that have never played, let alone beaten the Whorns, and I love it. I love seeing a really random game between say Maryland and Tennessee where both sides are throwing a Hand's Down at the cameras. Sheer beauty in my eyes.

I miss our rivalry games with a&m and hope that they will be renewed someday, but wanted to reinforce the fact that you are one of many fanbases that hates UT and all that they stand for.

Uprising likes this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

I saw dozens, as did others who clearly commented. It was in every crowd shot when I turned the game on halfway through the 4th. It's odd behavior because UT had nothing to do with the game, but clearly there are aggys who have UT on their mind.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bro. It's tradition. It's a dumb one. But not as dumb as the comments about it. It's an observation someone BRAND NEW to watching/following college sports might have. Mega YAWN.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, because they are mocking them and it seems so is everybody in college football it seems.

Dozens out of 80'000 yeah that makes my point.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was Dozens of folks though, Dozens.

The fact that this still bothers some shows how far UT has fallen.