1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At the same time. TAMU could lose next week. And I wouldn't be surprised. Defense looks sexy though. Future is bright.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, was at the Baylor game last week, it was actually nice how manageable and quiet it was compared to Kyle Field. You can walk into a Baylor game, relax, walk out, drive home. Kyle Field you have to stretch, hydrate, get a good night's sleep, do vocal chord exercises, bring a sweat towel, etc... always insane. Love it.

Uprising and TheresTheDagger like this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Aggies season ends with a dud. How much are the paying Jimbo?

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They should want him to leave for LSU to get from under that contract...LOL.

solid likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

For now I think the Aggies are happy with Jimbo. The program seems to heading in the right direction. They are at least competitive every week. More and more talent is pouring into the program. I don’t think Aggies are concerned about what they are paying Jimbo, they will probably pay the next guy even more.

The SEC West was very entertaining this year. Teams were pretty evenly matched.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

UT, OU, LSU, Florida a few days ago - I think they'd all kill to get Jimbo if they could.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Jimbo is about to reel in the #1 recruiting class in the nation. I think they're just fine with him in College Station.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Amazing class! But I've seen Sumlin bring in amazing classes too.

10. Fyreball

Yeah, but this is on another level. I mean, we're talking in the realm of greatest recruiting class in NCAA history, and it wouldn't even take an unreasonable amount of things to happen in order to achieve that. I know recruiting doesn't mean jack **** in terms of wins and losses, but having 4* and 5* players at every position on the field sure as hell doesn't hurt. The biggest factor in terms of on-field success will be the development of Conner Weigman. If that kid ends up living up to the potential he's been said to have, the ceiling is the roof for this class of recruits.

raining threes and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Really? Or yall Aggy-ing

12. Fyreball

Like for real for real. Bama's 2021 class is regarded as the best all-time (according to 247) coming in at 327.91. If Jimbo can reel in Denver Harris (who was crystal balled to us last night), Shemar Stewart (who has been CB'd to us for a while now), Harold Perkins (who is a toss-up with us and LSU), Enai White (who has been CB'd to us for a while), and Jacoby Mathews (who is also a toss-up), that looks like that would put us somewhere around 327-330. That doesn't even account for guys like Kam Dewberry, Kiyaunta Goodwin, Brownlow-Dindy, or Marvin Jones Jr. who are all slated to have us in their top 2-3 on ESD. If any one of those guys comes over to us, I think it'll be in the bag. Pretty exciting stuff for those of us who had to live through the dark days of Frenchie.

TheresTheDagger and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell happened this year?

I thought for certain these losses would impact recruiting but it seems this could be an all-time class, is there a new recruiter or is NIL money a big draw.

It seems that this class coming off this year is an anomaly not surprised but coming off this year is amazing.

14. Fyreball

Wins and losses matter to an extent, but I don't think anyone in the 2022 class is all that concerned with our record this year. I'm sure those guys know that by the time they see the field, it'll either be King or Weigman under center, which completely changes the outlook of the team.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Kids don't really look that far ahead and yes wins and losses matter but I also know momentum is a real thing and when that ball gets rolling it's hard to stop.

I am not surprised the Aggies have gotten this type of class I am surprised it was off the back of this year, I also have to think beating Alabama again was huge because at some point you want the new big thing and you want to play quickly which is hard when you 4 and 5 stars two deep.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As a kid, when you go home after a game like Alabama, you're probably on a HIGH for weeks. How many games were that loud and crazy in the past 3 years or so? Not a ton. Only a handful of stadiums can get that loud, provide world class facilities, celebrity/pro feel, etc..

Fyreball and raining threes like this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...t-gabe-brownlow-dindy-flips-oklahoma-texas-am

LET'S...EFFING...GO!

Ziggy, jiggyfly and Fyreball like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Elko named Duke HC

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

arkoe likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member