1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texas A&M Bus Vandalized in Lubbock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Tech fans are some of the classiest people around...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story...andalized-manure-texas-tech-red-raiders-logos

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep, those classy fans up in Lubbock. No surprise.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Where are you FFB?

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Adult school spirit and pranks are stupid enough in and of themselves, but who's going around handling this much manure?

5. Yao11

Yao11 Member

I remember a similar incident happened when Tech lost to UH a few years back.

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Where's Texas Tech again? Oh yeah, that's right -- the middle of nowhere. Whoop!

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In all fairness, College Station is in the middle of nowhere too.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's 90 minutes from Houston to College Station.

It's over 5 hours from Lubbock to Dallas...

9. RedRaiderRocket

Well deserved, Aggies are dirty so this was like home.

1 person likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, it was probably some confused Aggies who thought it was a light bulb.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya but who likes a bunch of hilly billys from C-Stat.

Rather be in Lubbock 2x more badass... Guns up.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

at least it wasn't the field. could you imagine what kind of monsters would actually vandalize a field?

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I heard the Aggies did it themselves to keep the Tech fans from messing with their buses.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Aggy stole a mascot/pulled a sword on somebody/made a remark about Paterno etc. Its college football + alcohol this stuff happens everywhere.....

If Tech students set the bus on fire than we might have a story here.

Paint and dog poo is a non story.

And only aTm would make it one.

Good luck in the SEC! ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

16. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Lol first off, it's pretty obvious that OP is an aggie who wants to make TTU look bad.

Second, I've been a student at both schools. I dont care what the rankings say. Engineering and business, A&M has an upper hand. Other than that, the school is the same in "smartness" at both places. Rankings can say what they want. Most TAMU people I encounter feel like their entitled to the nicest job bc there an aggie, and most tech people I know seem to be accepting the fact that they have to work harder than the average college student because they aren't entitled to anything. I've met a ton of dumb aggies, and I've met a ton of dumb tech students. Aggies seem to think that their "degree" will award them the nicest job out of college...And I've seen cashiers at target/walmart/etc who have their aggie rings on, so clearly you didn't get that 100k job out of college. Not saying TTU is the smartest place in the world, but cmon ags, you guys arent the smartest college in TX either. Quite frankly, its not that hard to get into TAMU, so I wouldn't be bragging about how great my degree is. Maybe thats just me. Not to mention..90% of people that I know who went to TAMU out of high school just went their because they couldn't get into UT due to the top 10% rule.

Third, I'll say I'm pretty skeptical about this story. Yeah I know tech fans tend to me pretty outrageous, but I can't honestly say the people who did this are tech students. I'm pretty unbiased towards either school, but I know A&M people clearly like to think their superior. Most likely because UT trolls on them and they want to have a school they do the same to. I find it alarming that theres no pictures of the bus, and that the company was a Dallas chartered bus company. It seems really fishy that there are no pictures for this, and someone would probably literally have to have inside connections to know where TAMU was staying at the hotel and where the buses would be parked. I would like to think a D1 fotball team has good enough buses that they would be able to lock. I read that about 3-4 buses were vandalized and that 1 was unable to lock..I just can't believe that a D1 football team has no security and that the bus can't lock. What about the equipment inside the bus? Do you really think the players took all their pads/equipment inside the hotel with them? I don't buy that. Also, the fact that the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR tweeted about this being "classy" is a HUGE red flag. Seems like TAMU tried to take a shot at TTU in their last game..If I was an AD at a big TX school, I wouldn't be tweeting about this, especially with no evidence, and considering he wasn't even "there." Also, I've heard from people in Lubbock that the official "police" report says nothing about animal excretions, but instead just says shoe polish was on the bus. I don't know, but seems like someone is overdoing it here. Also, if you were a bus driver and you found animal manure in your bus the next morning, why the *(@! would you clean it up? Wouldn't you call the cops and/or your company and have it cleaned?

Anyways, I'm just saying. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TTU student because they do get pretty drunk/rowdy, but I do think its unfair to assume what happened. I challenge any Aggie, find me the official police report and link me to it, and prove to me that it was a TTU student who did this. This story is pretty fishy. I'm thinking at the most, this was a hotel guest (because how else would they realize thats the aTm bus without seeing them there) who drew a couple TT signs on the bus, n that it's being over exagerrated. The fact that I hear it was just shoe polish honestly makes sense. Because with the lack of evidence, it's pretty hard to assume someone just HAPPENED to have spray paint/animal manure and know where these dallas chartered buses are..If the story is true, whoever did it, definitely had help from someone in the company. However, I can see a hotel guest drawing TT on the bus or something with shoe polish, and getting blamed for 10x more such as animal manure, spray paint, etc.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

greatest post ever. :grin:

so ready for aggies to go away. go away already!

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ut sucks, Aggies blow, Tech swallows, Tcu gets a reach around, and Rice felches