1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texans]Weary sues City of Houston over tasering.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Cannonball, Nov 13, 2007.

1. WWR

WWR Member

This is also fun as to how you're delusional.

I'd like to see you apply to the dept. I work for. You won't get hired without a bachelor's degree.

Now, in a city like Houston, where you're forced to have a lot of minorities and a lot of officers in general, you have no choice but to have some less intelligent officers.

But it's obvious you don't know much about hiring practices. Dumb ones are generally weeded out.

2. WWR

WWR Member

Edit: It's funny how you're delusional.

3. heymak

heymak Contributing Member

I don't know why I think it's funny. But did anyone notice that the police notice the front plate missing while following him. Them thar cops got some good eyes.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's not what happened. He was pulled over for a traffic violation (I believe an illegal lane change) and during the traffic stop it was noticed that the front plate was missing.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

From what I know, I definitely agree. On the federal level, it's even harder. My best friend had a degree in criminal justice, a squeaky clean record and it took him 18 months to get on w/ the ATF.

Law enforcement generally doesn't hire just anyone who wants to be a cop.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Come on dog, you know I'm not saying that. At the other extreme though is sending the SWAT team to patrol pre-schools for violent offenders. Obviously there is some respectable balance in between. Let me tell you this, if I weren't a strapping man capable of defending myself under any circumstances, I'd be quite scared of a 6'5" 300 dude approaching me. Put yourself in the police officer's shoes.

7. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Here's how I see it going down.....

Cop pulls over a suspicious looking Impala with no license plate goes up to the window and says:
    Cop: "license and registration please"
    Fred: "you don't know who I am?"
    Cop: "no sir, license and registration please"
    Fred hands over information

Cop: "oh you're Fred Weary"
    Fred: "yes sir that's right"
    Cop: "so why should I know you Fred Weary?"
    Fred: "I play offensive line for the Texans"
    Cop: "Sir, please step out of the vehicle"
    Fred gets out while the cop is giving him suspicious looks because he knows Fred is lying.

Cop: "sir, is there anything else I should know besides that you play....um...offensive line for the Texans?"
    Fred: "no sir, only that I play right guard"
    The cop becomes extremely confused

Cop: "sir, please tell me what you're doing here, we both know the Texans don't have an offensive line"
    Fred: "no really, I'm leaving practice"
    Fred becomes angered about the cop's remarks and proceeds to demonstrate his skills to the officer which is immediately countered by a tazer rendering his motor skills useless, much like they are on the field.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If Weary was being overly aggressive, the police cameras would have recorded that, correct? Unless, of course, the cop pulled in front of Weary.

There are a good number of cops out there that are bullies for no reason because they were worthless in life and now they have a chance to have some power.

I hope Weary takes them down in this lawsuit.

9. WWR

WWR Member

You're certainly correct.

Besides getting hired as a CEO or something crazy like that....I believe it's one of the hardest careers to get into. There are only so many openings for only so many people, and a lot of people want to be an officer.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know what you meant, I'm just saying, even statistics don't justify profiling. profiling is just asking for a bad situation, like this one.