1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Trade LB Bernardrick McKinney to Miami for Shaq Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

If Cal and Jack were only bringing in Jewish players & coaches or only bringing in Muslim players & coaches, I would be every bit as upset. And the facts are that I am Jewish, you are Christian, and you literally cannot understand why it's offensive for a football team to have Christianity as a prerequisite.

#21 Furious Jam, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  2. Furious Jam

The bigotry is that Cal & Jack will only hire people who wear their Christianity on their sleeves. I'm not upset that they are hiring Christians. I'm upset that they are hiring only Christians to the exclusion of all others regardless of ability. How is it bigotry to be upset that someone will only hire someone of a particular faith? You don't even know what the word means.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cal and Jack had nothing to do with moves the GM makes....it seems that you might be obsessed with them due to bigotry against their religious beliefs and it's clouding your judgement.

As for the definition, bigotry is prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group. Since you are prejudiced against them due to their religious beliefs, you are going full conspiracy theorist suggesting that every move made by the team is based on religious affiliation despite the fact that neither of the people you are obsessed with are the people who make those calls.

Another indication of just how much you are affected by this cognitive bias is that you are whining about this move....trading a guy who doesn't fit with the defensive scheme for a guy who will come in as the best pass rusher on the team day one who does fit the defensive scheme.

No rational person would complain about such a move.

BamBam, vince and Fantasma Negro like this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sounds like a good trade

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Its a very good move

STR8Thugg, raining threes and Nook like this.
  6. Furious Jam

LOL! "No rational person" would think that Jack has "nothing to do with moves the GM makes". Sounds like you're already on Captain Jack's crazy train to Jonestown.

"Conspiracy theorist"? Every single person they are bringing wears their Christianity on their sleeve: https://john2ab.substack.com/p/houston-texans-more-like-the-bayou

And again, you have it backwards. It's Cal and Jack who are excluding everyone other than overt Christians - that's the bigotry here, believing that anyone who isn't a Bible-thumper is bad for their "culture". Best receiver in football has kids out of wedlock? Off to Arizona he goes! Who needs him when we can get Brandin "Jesus is the light of the world" Cooks?

And you're the one with the cognitive bias - a stereotypical Christian persecution complex. You probably think white males get a raw deal too.

For the record, I respect people like Craig Biggio who have a deep Christian faith but never felt the need to bring it up in interviews, plaster it on social media, thank Jesus for every home run, or kick people off his team that didn't share his beliefs. It's not Christianity per se that I have a problem with but rather ugly Christians like Cal and Jack that want to turn my city's football team into a church.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So.... you're assuming I'm a member of a group you're bigoted against simply because I'm calling you out on your BS? Solid. Convincing even.

Carry on with your insanity then.

vince and Fantasma Negro like this.
  8. Furious Jam

Tell me I'm wrong then. Tell me you're not a white male Christian. No one else could possibly defend what Easterby is doing. No one else would ever think it's okay for any business, short of an actual church, to exclude employees who aren't card-carrying Christians. As a white Christian you will never understand what it's like to be in a minority. And you, yourself, obviously have no concept of how discrimination works and what bigotry actually is. Your rhetorical BS won't change the fact that a football team that will only hire Christians, and people like you who will defend that practice, is the real bigotry - a prejudice against persons who are not of a certain faith.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are taking this a little too far. You don’t know that the team is acquiring players based on them being Christian. Confirmation bias based on your assumptions.
    Then you double down on hypocrisy by claiming you know what a white Christian man goes through by saying there’s no way a white Christian man can know what a minority goes through because they aren’t a person of color.
    The irony is just, wow.
    The hatred coming from your posts is evident. You need to chill.

#29 cmoak1982, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    BamBam, vince, stevel and 1 other person like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Add to that, I would be willing to bet that 90+ percent of the league is Christian males.

primtim24 likes this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

You are correct my friend!! Like I said in another post, most Black Americans are Christians.

The only difference between Christians and Easterby is, a Christian, if asked a Christian will tell you ALL about God but Easterby tries to SELL you on God. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE

stevel, cmoak1982 and STR8Thugg like this.
  12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I like having a real General Manager.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

you don’t have to like it, but the Bible literally tells Christians to “sell you on God.”

the great commission is a command given by Jesus.

Nook likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you're wrong, but I'm sure that won't help with your insanity. You're laughably wrong, but that's what happens when you run wild with bigotry to the extent that you venture into conspiracy theorist territory.

It makes people like you look at a smart football trade like this one and convince yourselves it was secretly all done due to religion. It's pathetic.

vince, Fantasma Negro and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Probably 90% of black, professional athletes are Christian.

How many professional football players fit this demographic: Black, from the South, went to a school in the South, raised Christian, still Christian...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I wouldn’t even just say 90% of black athletes only. Majority of white and Hispanic athletes are Christian as well.
    Overall I would put 90% + for all American athletes as being Christian.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So if the texans sign Kaepernick, will you say they signed because he has a lot of bible verses ttatooed and he has a large Christian cross with a ribbon wrapped?

So you dont want the Texans to trade for Russell Wilson or if the texans drafted Mahomes you would be mad, because they are very devoted Christians?

I think you are glad the Texans didnt draft DK Metcalf because 2 years ago he wore cleats that said "I can do all things because Christ stregnthens me"

BamBam likes this.
  18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John 15:18
    “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.

BamBam likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Fantasma Negro