1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Only dicks being rode is by you. Your boyfriend loves it.

You continue to be wrong. You would think you be tired by now.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Came in to check in how the site is doing. This is the first post I read.

[​IMG]

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He has a thing for dick riding. Dunno why...guess he likes it.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wrong about what? Its a sht trade and once in awhile one of you BoB dck riders hit this post trying to justify getting rid of a top 5 wr for jack sht is big brains from BoB.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you don't believe the stuff was a DIVA behind the scenes? Not practicing and ****? And that even Watson was getting fed up with it?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just LOL at Peterson and Fournette being released. Johnson likely would have been released as well.

You never spend big time resources on a RB, unless it's a top 5 pick for a Barkley or Peterson kind of guy...A Derrick Henry type of guy that can carry an entire offense.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources: The #AZCardinals are making star WR DeAndre Hopkins the highest paid non-QB ever, giving him a 2-year contract extension worth $54.5M in new money -- $27.25M per year. Hopkins, who did the deal himself, gets $42.75M guaranteed at signing.

The last year is voidable, which could turn this contract into a 1-year deal worth $39.585M at some point. He got a $27.5M signing bonus, a large sum in a pandemic.

Hopkins got a no-trade clause and a no-franchise tag clause.

#1767 J.R., Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Hopkins gets new 2 year deal; 54.5M in new money, 42.75M guaranteed

no trade clause and no franchise clause

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Fully guaranteed

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big money for Nuk. Congratulations, definitely helps to play with a QB on a rookie contract. Second Texans WR who ended being dissatisfied with a long-term extension that ends up being under valued after the guaranteed portion expires. Tunsil and D4 have really negotiated better deals for themselves than Dre and Nuk did. Not sure if either is ideal for the T.E.A.M., but thus is probably the new normal in the NFL.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

if you really want to LAUGH OUT LOUD .. go check out the Boomers at Texanstalk.com - IT'S A RIOT!! LMAO

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, if Nuk was making noise about wanting that kind of money, I could see where Texans brass felt it might be appropriate to trade him, especially with the D4 extension on the horizon. Still doesn't excuse the crap return I feel they got for him, but I definitely understand why they wanted to try and sell high, now.

raining threes likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Problem was that it was not sell high if u get sht return.

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

That contract is INSANE. No way in hell I’d have given him that. I don’t like the return we got, but I get now why the dude had to go away.

raining threes and Blatz like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well yea he was too expensive, my only gripe was how shtty the return was especially for a player of his caliber. Oh well.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When to sell HIGH? EVERYONE knew he wanted big money. No one was giving a #1 for a Receiver wanting that kind of money......sorry....wasn't happening. Same thing will Clowney. People didn't fill Clowney was worth the money.....and you see he didn't get a long term deal...OR the Big money he wanted.

"Here, I will give you a #1 pick for the HONOR of overpaying the BEST POSSESSION WR in the league! Yes, he will catch 100 balls a year, but he still has trouble gaining separation and lacks over the top speed! I will make sure I have a speed guy opposite him to help with Double teams!"

#1777 Mr.Scarface, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    raining threes and mario_v like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

chill. every other gm was able to get rid of their "diva" wr and get a first round pick in return. us failing to do it isn't because he was asking too much, it was because our GM has a big ego and wanted to get rid of him for the first offer regardless of how sht it was. Stop defending a sht trade.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Such passion.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What GMs? Antonio Brown went for a 3rd and 5th. Stop making **** up. The only Diggs got a 1st.....is he was younger and wasn't asking for much less (which he got). What DIVA WR was getting BIG money and was traded for a #1. I'll wait....