1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wouldn't be using PED's if he didn't feel his ability was slipping.

I'm not saying he might not have a few years left, but even Andre Johnson, a far superior WR, was completely washed at 33.

I combine the fact that he clearly believes his ability is slipping with the history of aging WR's to suggest that it's probably not worth it to pay him ridiculous money for the next few years.

Now, you do have a point that he might re-energize the fanbase and the reason he wants to return is because Houston is the ONLY place that would even consider trading for him and taking on his ludicrous contract. He knows that if the Texans pass, he'll get cut to save Arizona 8 mil this year and completely erasing his contract from the books. He also knows he's never going to get offered another deal anywhere near what he currently has coming to him.

A guy who knows he's on the way out who has always prioritized fashion over football isn't going to care about "winning rings", he's going to care about maximizing the dollars headed his way....and his best bet for that is Houston. We can argue that it's best for both parties, but there's also an argument that money could be better spent elsewhere. The Colts and Titans didn't really get much out of Andre, we could be getting something similar only wasting 19 mil worth of cap space to get it.

2. raining threes

Not speaking for anybody but myself.

Good for Watt

Good riddance, they've taken out the trash, no need to throw more trash on the field down on Kirby.

Sooty likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am a huge Andre fan but Deandre is not far behind overall. They were both limited by bad QBs in HOU with Schaub and Watson being the only decent passers during their time. Deandre has the stats, pro bowls and All NFL teams that AJ80 had. If he can have a similar age 32 season as Andre, then the gulf is even smaller. Stat-wise, they are equals.

Fulgore, houstonstime and Sooty like this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I loved DHop on the field, dude was amazing for us. He's older, likely slower and way too expensive for this point of a rebuild. Let him go...

Sooty likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are his "baby mamas" going to be a distraction for DeMeco? Asking for a pastor and a buttchin! :D

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

BRING HIM BACK and it opens up #12 to be used on another position of need or just take JSN anyway and give the rookie QB as much help as possible.

jb86 and Fulgore like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. conquistador#11

It's happening!

Also, I've never seen this. What is it called when you quote your third person quote.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Fix what that buffoon butt chin did and bring HEEM Back!

Fulgore likes this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Tweet unavailable, what did it say?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

UTSA2step likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Beat me to it.

I think the odds are pretty good that he comes back, right?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Doesn't he want to play for a title contender? I feel like he just said that recently.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, yeah, probably.

I just feel like he's setting himself up for failure if he does that though.

He's clearly in decline already and he knows it given that he's already been caught using PED's. He'd be hailed as a returning hero if he came back to the Texans and there would be very little expectations put on him.

If he goes to a contender, their fans will expect him to act like a true #1 WR....and when he can't, they'll crucify him.

UTSA2step likes this.
  18. justtxyank

"On a recent appearance on the “I Am Athlete” podcast, free-agent WR DeAndre Hopkins listed the five QBs he’d most like to catch passes from: the Bills’ Josh Allen, the Eagles’ Jalen Hurts, the Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes, the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson and the Chargers’ Justin Herbert."

19. justtxyank

Texans could absolutely use him, but I'd be shocked personally if this situation is what he is looking for.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member